Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite/ Least Favourite Tintin Moment?

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

aji411
#61 · Posted: 5 Sep 2007 12:49
My favourite moments:

3. When Tintin arrived on the moon in Explorers.

2. When Haddock ate the red pimento in Tintin in Tibet.

1. When Haddock went aboard ship in The Shooting Star. Remember, he was the president of The Sober Sailor Society, but he had so many bottles of whisky!
laloga
#62 · Posted: 19 Mar 2009 13:15
Since we have the "what annoys Tintinologists the most" thread, I thought that this one might be fun.

What are your favorite moments of the series? For instance, I was just reading "The Seven Crystal Balls", and the part where Snowy refused to give up on Calculus' hat made me smile. He just looked so pleased with himself!

Also, another favorite is in "The Calculus Affair", when Tintin is trying to not let the Captain say anything incriminating over the tapped hotel phone in Borduria! That bit about the butterflies is funny!

Forgive me if there is already a similar thread, this one just occurred to me!

Namaste.
laloga
#63 · Posted: 20 Mar 2009 01:52
Can we delete things that we've posted? I feel kinda silly....

Now, of course, I have to do this properly:

Some favs:

-When Tintin listens to the music from the gypsy camp in The Castafiore Emerald. It's a really well-done scene.

-(same book) When Iago bites Haddock, and we can see his "thoughts" about how he'd like to retaliate.

-The sneezing powder in Land of Black Gold!

-Tintin, afraid of a little spider? No, he's only scared of the BIG ones in The Shooting Star.

-In Tintin in Tibet, you remember that sweeping scene where Tharkey tries to convince Tintin of the futility of his efforts? It's only three panels, but conveys much more!

-I can't resist grinning whenever Tintin acts "unusual," whether on purpose, (to fool Mitsuhirato in The Blue Lotus, or accidental, (when he got drunk before his execution in Broken Ear and wound up being spared & drafted!)

-Anything related to anyone "acting the goat." Yes!

As for the stuff I'm not wild about:

-Learning to talk to elephants using a wooden trumpet that you carved for yourself in the jungle? Hmmmmm. I'll take aliens and levitating monks any day over this stuff.

-The Rastapopolus/Carraides, (I know I butchered those names....) "argument" in Flight 714. Those two deserve each other.

Wow. I can't really think of a whole lot of these. However, I didn't think that it was strange for Tintin to not want to run over to General Tapioca right away....he just knows a trap when he sees one!
Rianna Lauren
#64 · Posted: 10 Jul 2010 11:58
Wow... There's certainly a lot of great moments in Tintin... But one that I can really remember is in Tintin in Tibet, when Haddock told Tintin a few times that he will NOT go with Tintin even though he wishes to go, but in the end, he came anyway. :3 Also in Destination Moon, Calculus and all that "acting the goat" stuff. XD Wolff's sacrifice in Explorers on the Moon was also touching. And the scene when Tintin acted crazy in Blue Lotus - hilarious. Tintin jumping off that train in Prisoners of the Sun looks pretty awesome to me. :3

Least favorite moments... The weird stuff that happens in Shooting Star and the aliens in Flight 714. They're just bleh.
snowybella
#65 · Posted: 11 Mar 2017 09:53
Favourite:

1. Philipulus the prophet in "Shooting Star"

2. When the flying monk in "Tibet" lands on the monk's shoe.

3. Mik Kanrokitoff in "Flight 714"

One extra, Carreidas is funny too! And don't forget the sticking plaster in "Calculus Affair"!

Not favourite:

1. Tintin blowing up the poor rhino.

2. Tintin shooting all the poor antelopes.

Both from "Congo".
Furienna
#66 · Posted: 16 Mar 2019 11:59
I have to say that it's hard for me to pick any favorite "Tintin" moments. But I have two moments, which I don't believe that anybody has mentioned yet here in this thread...

1: The scene from "Destination Moon", when a bomb is thrown into Professor Calculus's bedroom while he's lying there sleeping. His bed, with him still lying in it, is blown out through the wall, and it ends up hanging on to some wires. And yet, Calculus is deaf and oblivious enough to only ask if someone knocked on the door!

2: The scene from "The Red Sea Sharks", when Haddock yells at the Arabic slave merchant and chases him away from the ship.

As for my least favorite moments...

1: Any of the scenes from "Tintin in Congo", where Tintin is killing off an animal. I know that this stuff was considered harmless and normal enough at the time, but yikes...

2: The scene from "Flight 714 to Sydney", where the gang is hypnotized to forget all about what happened on that island. That scene has always creeped me out...
Richard1631978
#67 · Posted: 17 Mar 2019 11:20
I have too many favourites to list, but when Captain Haddock smashes up the engine room telegraph in The Red Sea Sharks gave me a belly laugh when I first read it.

The worst is probably a drunk Captain Haddock hitting Tintin over the head with a bottle in The Crab With Golden Claws.
Shivam302001
#68 · Posted: 4 Apr 2019 19:22
My most favourite Tintin moment would be the dramatic entrance of Chang and the Sons of the Dragon just when Mr. Wang's son was about to kill his parents and Tintin in the Blue Lotus.

My least favourite moment would be the rushed up ending of Flight 714. It left something to be desired.
Aryan Tiwari
#69 · Posted: 6 Apr 2019 20:26
Pretty difficult to narrow done but it has to be when Tintin climbs aboard the ship to save Professor Calculus in The Calculus Affair, it is so thrilling.

Moderator Note: Just to be clear, we are guessing that this your favourite, rather than least-favourite moment? And added to this, the scene has obviously thrilled you to such an extent, that you are confusing Tintin climbing aboard the ship in Prisoners of the Sun, or was it another incident in The Calculus Affair (which is largely ship free...)?

The Slightly Confused Tintinologist Team
Aryan Tiwari
#70 · Posted: 20 Apr 2019 20:41
Whoops - seems as if I got muddled up!
Yes, you're right: I refer to the book Prisoners of the Sun and not The Calculus Affair.
And yes, sorry! I forgot to mention, it's my 'Most Favourite Moment'.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aryan

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!