Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin & Friends: How old are they?

Page  Page 15 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

abhilashaich
#141 · Posted: 31 Aug 2015 08:35
In the comics, Tintin may be 14 or 15 years old. This is because he was always optimistic in the comics and never realistic. This is evident in "Tintin in Tibet" where the adventure started because of a nightmare where he saw his friend,Chang calling for help. He seemed to never learn to give up. However the movie presents a more mature Tintin whose adventure is purely professional. (When Sakharine asks him "Goodness me ! Why so many questions ?" Tintin answers "Its my job, there could be a story here if the Haddock line is cursed".) The movie Tintin is not younger than 22 years old. At one time he also gives up and confirms that he is realistic. ("Sakharine has the scrolls and they will lead him to the treasure.")

Haddock and Calculus are in their 30s, Abdullah and Chang are both 12 or 13 years of age. Bianca Castafiore is in 30s too. It is evident when she has affection towards Captain Haddock and the Professor shows affection to her (The Castafiore Emerald).
BelgicatheBrave
#142 · Posted: 21 Mar 2016 22:28
While I always enjoyed the fact that we never knew how old Tintin was, I do like to think that he matures a little through the course of the series. One day in high school, my sister and I diagrammed the books and this is what we decided sounded about right.

Tintin seems to mature the most visibly, so this is why there's such a deviation in his age:

Land of the Soviets-Tintin in America: 17
Cigars of the Pharaoh-The Blue Lotus: 18
The Broken Ear-King Ottokar's Sceptre: 19
The Crab with the Golden Claws-The Shooting Star: 20
The Secret of the Unicorn-Red Rackham's Treasure: 21
The Seven Crystal Balls-Land of Black Gold: 22
Destination Moon-Explorers on the Moon: 23
The Calculus Affair-Red Sea Sharks: 24
Tintin in Tibet-The Castafiore Emerald: 25
Flight 714: 26
Tintin and the Picaros: 27
Tintin and Alph-Art: 28

Haddock: 47-51

Bianca Castafiore: 46-52

Professor Calculus: 65-70

Thompson and Thomson: About 46

General Alcazar: 35

Peggy Alcazar: 45

Chang Chong-Chen: About 2 years younger than Tintin at any given time.
iluvtintin
#143 · Posted: 7 Oct 2016 10:34
In my opinion

Tintin: 15 at the beginning. 17-18 to the end.

Snowy: 3 in dog years.

Haddock: mid 40's-early 50's

Thom(p)sons: mid 30's-early 40's. To me they act younger than they look.

Bianca: 45. Because Herge' said she about that age.

Chang: 14-15 years old

Abdullah: 6 because it said it in the book.

Skut: mid- 30's

I have no idea how old Calculus,Rastapopoulos,or the rest of the gang is.

Some look older then they are.
belvisionfan
#144 · Posted: 8 Feb 2017 02:35
iluvtintin
Has anyone mentioned the age of the villains? Sorry if you have, I must have just missed it.
My villain ages are-
Rastapopolous- about 40s or so. Seeing as he only had sideburns the first time Tintin met him in Cigars, he must have been around 30-35. If Tintin aged about 4-5 years over the comic series, I would say he is about 40-45 in Alph-Art.

Müeller- Probably 37 or 40 something, judging by his agility in Land of Black Gold, so many years after Black Island.

Krollspell- I always thought he was supposed to be an ex- Nazi, so at least 35 or so

Jorgon- fairly young, 30-35

Mitsuhiratu- hard to tell... Anywhere from 40-50

Ramon and Alonso- pretty young. 27-35 for Ramon, Alonso being 30-32 at most.

Alan- 40-45?

Bird Brothers- 40-45, 40-43 at least. They seem fairly old.
OptimisticTimelord26
#145 · Posted: 15 Feb 2017 23:18
I think Hergé said that Tintin was 14 or 15 when he created him, and according to the quote where he said that, Tintin ages about every ten years.

So if Tintin was say, 14, in 1929, that means as of February, 2017, he would be about 22 years old.
iluvtintin
#146 · Posted: 11 Apr 2017 04:22
OptimisticTimelord26
you're right. Tintin is 22 as of 2017. so it makes sense. tintin will always be our little reporter. ^_^ I really like the age 10 years thing.

--

Posted: 11 Apr 2017 04:29
You know this makes me think now about Haddock. He looks older - could there be a chance he's about 30, but he looks older because he smokes and drinks?
Smoking can make you age fast.
But who knows? I really think he's in his mid-40s early-50s.

--
Moderator note to poster: Instead of making consecutive posts, edit your previous post.
Shivam302001
#147 · Posted: 21 Jan 2019 04:08
Tintin:
Soviets-America: 14 years
Cigars-Broken Ear:15 years
Black Island-Red Rackham's Treasure:16 years
Seven Crystal Balls-Black gold:17 years
Destination Moon-Tibet:18 years
Castafiore Emerald-Alph-art:19 years

Captain Haddock:44-48 years

Calculus-early sixties

Thom(p)sons: early to mid thirties
Aryan Tiwari
#148 · Posted: 18 Dec 2019 08:58
Well, here is my rough guess(age is at a range because the characters get older)

Tintin- 14-19 (Note:By The Secret Of The Unicorn he would be 17 as it was mentioned in the Xbox game )

Haddock: 35-40

Professor Calculas:55- 58

Thom(p)sons: 30-35

Snowy: 3 or 4
JJohannes
#149 · Posted: 2 Feb 2021 02:07
Tintin: Although Tintin was supposed to be 15 (I think because of Palle Huld, a Danish boy scout who travelled around the world when he was 15) I consider him to be 17-20 in his early adventures, 21-22 during the Unicorn case, 23-24 by the time he travels to the moon and nearly 30 by the time of the Picaros adventure. Maybe the Soviet adventure is his "Palle Huld moment" and he manages to become a reporter without a degree just because he visited the Soviet Union as a 17-year old boy and wrote a striking report about it.

Haddock: The Captain is around 50 years old. He is a seasoned sea captain, but still has many adventures ahead of him and he is physically very robust, despite the constant whisky drinking. He retires soon after the Unicorn adventure but that is just because of his newly found wealth.

Calculus: I think the Professor is about the same age as Haddock, maybe a bit older, 50+ years old. He seems to be very active in the scientific community and even though he dresses in an old-fashioned way, he doesn't look that old.

The Thom(p)sons: I think they are 40. They are senior detectives (albeit very incompetent ones) but they are still sent to field missions around the world.

Castafiore: A bit younger than the Captain, let's say 45. She is clearly a fading star but still manages to score some important opera roles due to her reputation.

Rastapopoulos: 45-50. He just carries himself that way.

Alan: 35. I think you have to be around that age to become a First Mate in a large cargo vessel?

General Alcazar: 40. In a "banana republic", 40-year-old generals/"generals" are common. His eternal struggle against Tapioca doesn't seem to be that eternal anyway, they probably switch places every year.

Nestor: 45. A bit younger than the Captain, although as a butler he is an old soul.

Oliveira de Figueira: 40. Moved to the North Africa/Middle East to escape Estado Novo.

Dr. Krollspel: Has to be around 50, because he was in the concentration camps.
OliBEL80
#150 · Posted: 29 Mar 2021 13:58
Makes sense to me, especially General Alcazar: he's clearly an active, healthy adult, and still has a lot of energy in him, that wouldn't be there on a 50 year old man in the 1950s-60s.

Page  Page 15 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!