Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

When did you first hear about Tintin?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

JJohannes
#21 · Posted: 2 Feb 2021 00:31
Early 90s when I was 6 or 7, I guess. My father had read Tintin when he was a child and we had his old Unicorn/Rackham's albums which were hardcover editions in our bookshelf. When I got interested in them, my parents bought just about every Tintin album (except Black Island, I think?) in softcover. Conveniently, the Franco-Canadian animated Tintin TV series was shown in Finnish television at the time as well.

I've tried to show and read some excerpts from Tintin albums to my 3-year-old daughter. Of course, the albums are way too long for her just yet but in a few years I hope she'll be reading them by her own!
busdriver450
#22 · Posted: 9 Mar 2021 17:22
Back up in the 70s when I was growing up, it was cool to be an Asterix fan... Tintin never really got a look in in my circle of friends.
I never took to Asterix, even though I tried, but from the first time I saw a Tintin album in the library, I was hooked.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!