Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite/ Least Favourite Tintin Moment?

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Karaboudjan
#11 · Posted: 22 Dec 2004 21:02
Favourite moments...

1) That farcical Paris-Flash article, causing the Captain no end of grief (Castafiore Emerald)

2) "Whisky, stop fooling about!"- Fun in zero gravity (Explorers on the Moon)

3) "Either we both survive, or we die together!" Aww! (Tintin in Tibet)

4) Tintin hoodwinks the Incas (Prisoners of the Sun)

5) Sir Francis, whoot whoot! (Secret of the Unicorn)

6) The whole "It's a piece of art! It's not meant to be FOR anything!" tirade (Alph-Art)

7) Yes, that thundering bit of sticking plaster (Calculus Affair)

8) The punch-up between Muller and Tintin in The Black Island

9) "You needn't pretend to be dead!"- Thom(p)sons arrest a skeleton

10) Alcazar's pinny! (Picaros)

Least favourite?

Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan

I think that'll give you a general idea...

Oh, and when Jorgen knocks out Snowy in Explorers on the Moon.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#12 · Posted: 23 Dec 2004 13:03
Tough, very tough. My favourites include :
> the car-chase at the end of "Cigars of the Pharaoh"
> the motorcycle chase and being thrown from the plane in "King Ottokar's Sceptre"
> the train sequence, the condor and the eclipse from "Prisoners of the Sun"
> the return to earth in "Explorers on the Moon" (so fast-paced, it's like a film)
> the helicopter-then-car chase, and the later escape from the prison in that beautiful cream car, then stealing the tank in "The Calculus Affair"
> the battle between the Ramona and the submarine in "The Red Sea Sharks"
> "Tintin in Tibet" - especially Tintin saving Snowy when he falls in the river, finding Chang's teddy-bear in the wreckage of the plane, Haddock dangling from the cliff and Tintin refusing to let go
> the landing of the plane in "Flight 714"
> the last-minute dash to the prison in "Tintin and the Picaros"
> the art-world parodies in "Tintin and Alph-Art"
kirthiboy
#13 · Posted: 23 Dec 2004 20:18
One of my favourites:
1. When Haddock teases the Nepalese kid by making faces.
2. When Haddock clears his nose and Yeti gets scared.
3. Haddock finding his pipe in Destination Moon and expression on Mr.Baxter's face.
Actually they are so many so its difficult to compile!

My least favourite moments in Tintin:
1. The last part in Alph-Art when Tintin is almost being turned into a cesar. I really regret not knowing the actual ending of the story.
2. Jorgen hitting snowy.
3. Entry of Jolyon Wagg anytime
moulinsard
#14 · Posted: 1 Jan 2005 22:16
My least favourite moment is in Congo when Herge totally throws the reader (during the crocodile sequence) by changing viewing angle and then changing back in the middle of the sequence. I don't think his artistic talents failed him in the same way again throughout all the other books.
jayesh_gokhale
#15 · Posted: 2 Jan 2005 13:05
Some truly favourite moments (not in any particular order, just the way I remember them - mostly humour):

1. Tete-a-Tete between Rastapopoulos and Carreidas in Flight 714 (under the influence for Krollspell's Serum). In the same book, it is funny and ironical that Tintin & co. leave Carreidas gagged and free Krollspell to look after him.

2. Captain Haddock scolding thompsons in Explorers on the Moon as to at their age they cannot tell difference between 1 am and 1 pm.

3. Climax of Prisoners of the Sun

4. Conversations between Haddock and the Telegram officer in Picaros

5. Tintin tries to rescue Abdullah in Land of Black Gold

6. Hergé's take on Western imperialism and Racism through The Blue Lotus where Gibbons and company discuss the advantages of their western civilization in the Occidental Private Club

7. Similarly in Tintin in America, the approach of Americans towards the native Americans ("Indians")

8. Sir Francis Haddock's vocabulary being inherited by the parrots

Some least favourite moments -

1. Tintin deserting Capt. Haddock and Calculus in Picaros (The Tintin potrayed till then would never do that)

2. Climax in The Calculus Affair (not entirely convincing)
Karaboudjan
#16 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 10:07
I agree with whoever said Jolyon Wagg anytime gets their goat. I can't stand that man.

(Yes, I'm aware that's the point... but why must he be inflicted on us so often?)
rastapopoulos
#17 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 15:19
Least favourite?

Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan Allan

Whats your beef with Allan? one of my favourite comedy moments is when Allan asks Haddock if he sleeps with his beard over or under the blanket.
Scoot
#18 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 13:25
Two of my favourite moments are those where Herge parodies imperialism: the scene with the arms dealer in <Broken Ear>, and the scene where the oil companies take over the native American land in <America>, being brilliant examples. Sort of the same thing is the wonderful closing panel of <Picaros>, where Herge proves that revolutions change nothing, (particularly when sponsored by western booze corporations).

Also, this might be an odd one, but the scene in <Red Sea Sharks> where Tintin and Haddock are walking down the street and encounter General Alcazar. Not a particularly exciting moment but I've always loved the artwork in that sequence: the detail, the colours, the cinematic quality.

Aye
Karaboudjan
#19 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 15:09
I guess it's because I adore the Captain, and Allan is the only character we ever see being blatantly cruel to him. Whenever they meet, he has to reminiscence about the bad old days, and make references to his drink problem.

And he looks uncannily like an ex of my mum's who I used to simply loathe- who was called Allan.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#20 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 21:04
So do you like the sequence in "Flight 714" where he's beaten up by the Sondonesians and loses his teeth? You can sense Hergé really having some twisted fun with his characters.

Ed

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!