Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Pastiche: Tintin and the Flute of the Wendigo

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Tinsith
#1 · Posted: 15 Feb 2005 08:35
Hi all,

Just finished a Tintin tribute comic. Please check it out -- all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[Post edited by Harrock to remove link - sorry, but the forum rules clearly state that no linking to unofficial material is allowed. By all means discuss the work]
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 16 Feb 2005 21:04
I read this earlier today from your post to the mailing list. I enjoyed it a lot and hope Tintin in Australia is forthcoming. Excellent work all round, but a couple of pieces of constructive feedback...

1. Safari Jack - Nice character but the name didn't work for me, as an australian Jack is a good name but a surname would be more appropriate and sinister.

2. I really like the title of the work 'The Flute of the Wendigo,' I think you should stick with it for the portions in Australia (where I assume the Wendigo plays a part). It has an air of mystery to it, if you want to have two seperate titles for the comics I'd suggest Tintin in Australia over Down Under (more in keeping with Herge's Tintin in ... titles)

Nice work, look forward to reading more

Rik
MoonRocket
#3 · Posted: 16 Feb 2005 21:33
I know how hard it is to make a great comic, and this one is great. What I like the most about it is the plot: from the opening frames, it pulls you right in. Also, I'm glad it is colored in. Coloring can be so frustrating. I am eagerly awaiting the next comic!
Tinsith
#4 · Posted: 16 Feb 2005 22:33
Thanks for feedback, right now I'm trying to collect as much as possible so future ones will be better. And there will be, most definitely ;)
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 16 Feb 2005 23:39
Great job! Its good to see an English Tintin webcomic that is well written (the only other one I've seen was Tintin in the Land of the Serviettes). The art is colourful and the style interesting. I can see you are improving in your drawing skills as you go and that house in Paris has a original feel to it.

I also know how long it takes to make a comic so I was wondering how long each page took you on average and how long you've been doing it for?

Also its great to finally see a Tintin adventure in Australia, but most Aussies don't actually act like Mick Dundee you know. I think a more appropriate title for the second part would be "The Great South Lands" as this is what Australia is reffered to. "Down Under" has been done to death.

I was always wondering why Tintin never visited Australia in an actual adventure, so some years ago I began a Tintin adventure set there, but abandonded it as I couldn't think up an interesting non-cliche plot line. I wanted it to reflect the true Australia (being an Aussie and all) and so I didn't want it to involve diamond or animal smuggling or the like. I was thinking of doing one about the bunyip but I started the script and never finished the art. I may start it up again.

Anyway, thanks for doing this and I'll be eagerly awaiting the next installment!
Tinsith
#6 · Posted: 16 Feb 2005 23:46
Thanks to all who took the time to read it. :) I'm pretty slow so each page took roughly 2 hours to compose, pencil, pen, then another 2 - 2 1/2 hours to color it using Gimp, not photoshop. (most text was unreadable with my hand writing so I had to rewrite it using the airbrush tool) I started about in the beginning of 2005 so about 5 - 6 weeks total. I'll rethink the title a bit when I begin the next one the day after president's day weekend.
jock123
#7 · Posted: 17 Feb 2005 09:24
Tintinrulz
I was always wondering why Tintin never visited Australia in an actual adventure

Time, it would seem: Michael Farr has said that by far and away the greatest collection of unused research material in Hergé’s archive was that which he gathered on Australia and things Australian. Mr Farr feels that had Hergé had more time, Tintin would almost certainly gone to the Land Downunder.

Some nice work there, Tinsith; you haven’t slavishly aped the Hergé style, but the characters are in the spirit, and I really liked your pull-back effect down the alley.
snafu
#8 · Posted: 26 Feb 2005 17:41
Looks as good as it gets. Tintin here may not look the way Herge draws him, but there are many ways to skin a cat. Well done as a cartoon strip. I'm already looking forward to a complete episode about Tintin in Australia!
cuthcalc
#9 · Posted: 2 Mar 2005 23:45
[Post content removed by Moderator. Reason: forum rule violation. Do not give out instructions (no matter how obvious) on where to find unauthorized Tintin works, please! We do not want to get into trouble with Moulinsart again--once is bad enough.]
Pilote
#10 · Posted: 10 Oct 2005 13:02
He was bound for Sydney in Flight 714! :D

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!