Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Prisoners of the Sun: is the magazine version available in English?

aslan
#1 · Posted: 16 Oct 2005 01:56
Hi everyone. Just joined this wonderful site. Lots of interesting info here....I see I'll enjoy it here :D

I was just wondering if the magazine version of Le Temple du soleil is available in English. Does anyone know? If not, are there any plans to publish an English version anytime soon? I'm a big Tintin fan and really want to have the "missing sequences/frames" from this and other tintin books in English.

If there are no such plans then are these extra sequences available in English online? I've looked for them a lot but, except for the original version of page 22 that's available on the "unknown" site, never found anything. :(

I was browsing through the pages on this site and I think I saw a post by tintinuk somewhere that he has posted most of the missing stuff from Prisoners... translated in English on his site. Where exactly is that site? (hopefully this last question won't break any rules here....)
jock123
#2 · Posted: 17 Oct 2005 09:57
aslan
I was just wondering if the magazine version of Le Temple du soleil is available in English. Does anyone know? If not, are there any plans to publish an English version anytime soon?

No, it hasn’t been translated into English, and isn’t available; however, as the recent arrival of Congo and the B&W facsimilies in English shows, Casterman and Moulinsart are doing quite a lot to expand the English-language canon, so I wouldn’t discount the possibility of there being a translation some day…

As to where to get the material, well I’d just direct you to read the site posting rules again: we are not able to supply information about obtaining unofficial work, and ask that members don’t solicit it - sorry!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!