Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Castafiore Emerald: the Maharajah of Gopal

doubleT
#1 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 23:29
Sorry that I haven't posted in for a while.

I have a question, who is the Maharajah of Gopal, you know, the guy who gave Bianca Castafiore her "precious" emerald in the first place.

I think might have read somewhere that the Maharajah of Gopal was a character in another one of Herge's series
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 26 Jan 2006 00:20
Yes, he's in The Valley of the Cobras (A Jo, Zette and Jocko) graphic novel by Herge.
doubleT
#3 · Posted: 27 Feb 2006 19:59
I can understand that, but what was his role in the story,was he one of the good guys or one of the bad guys
jock123
#4 · Posted: 28 Feb 2006 15:01
doubleT
I can understand that, but what was his role in the story,was he one of the good guys or one of the bad guys

He was grumpy and rather rude to people, but at heart he’s okay. Think of him like a grown up Abdullah - he’s spoilt, and used to getting his own way. He’s not the baddie of the book - the villains are the Prime Minister and a fakir.

You might want to take a look at jockosjungle’s JZ&J website where there is information on the book.
little martine
#5 · Posted: 8 Jan 2010 10:51
Jo, Zette and Jocko? never heard of them.
can anybody show me some direct links?

--
[Note to member little martine: Please do not bump old threads unless you have something relevant and substantive to add. Thanks for your cooperation. - Happy Tintinologist Keep-The-Forums-Tidy Team!]

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!