Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Alph-Art: Should it be completed?

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

tintinophile691
#31 · Posted: 15 Dec 2009 06:06
I would like Alph-Art to get completed. All the completed Tintin comics would then add up to 24 albums, which is a more rounded number than 23.

Tintin dying also isn't a good conclusion to the series, in my opinion.
ilovetintin
#32 · Posted: 16 Dec 2009 07:43
zazoentje:
perfect closure, Tintin trapped forever, A statue, a symbol.

You have totally scared with that zanzoentje!!I always feel sad when I think about Tintin being trapped in and being art, I mean, Tintin shouldn't end like that.
Abhishek Ghosh
#33 · Posted: 21 May 2010 09:09
If any individual think of how to end the Story Of Alph-Art -

Is it legal? Will I be allowed to do it? Please inform about rules and procedures.

Moderator Note: Abhishek, this subject has been discussed many times, and the information you need is there if you look for it; please search the forums before starting a new thread.

You might want to start with the thread that this post has been moved to, and some of the following:

Can Tintin fan art & works be posted?
Why ban Tintin fan fiction?
Will Moulinsart ever allow people to create Tintin fan works?
When does copyright over Tintin expire?
Criteria Moulinsart use to sanction Tintin-related works
Why do Moulinsart hoard Tintin stuff like gold?

The Tintinologist Team
Rianna Lauren
#34 · Posted: 24 Jun 2010 03:25
Yes, Alph-Art should have been finished... >.< but I guess with this open-ending, it gives us this picture that Tintin's adventure is endless.
Which is kind of a good thing to me.
Cutts_The_Butcher
#35 · Posted: 17 Aug 2010 01:59
Before he died, Hergé said that he didn’t want Tintin going on any more adventures without him, so I think no, it shouldn’t be completed.

The ability to create Tintin died with Hergé, and I think it would be akin to blasphemy to try and emulate his work.
Abhishek Ghosh
#36 · Posted: 21 Jul 2011 14:11
What are the new pages that have been added in 2010 edition?

Something that has been discovered in French Bank Archive
jock123
#37 · Posted: 22 Jul 2011 21:06
Abhishek Ghosh:
What are the new pages that have been added in 2010 edition?

What 2010 edition? I’m not sure I know which book you are talking about, but that may just mean that it hasn’t been translated into English.

We have had the large, two-part version, with a series of the art pages, and separate “pad” containing a transcription/ translation of the text, and the standardized gold-covered book which added in some pages of notes and doodles at the back.

When Bernard Tordeur was at the 2005 Greenwich conference, he did say that the on-going archiving of Hergé’s paper-work had turned up some more material, so it might be that: information taken from Hergé’s correspondence.

But without information on when/ where this edition may have appeared, it’s hard to say.
Abhishek Ghosh
#38 · Posted: 25 Jul 2011 19:12
jock123
According to wikipedia, "It was released again in late 2010 with the original sketch pad as well as newly found notes and scripts recently discovered in a French Bank archive."
jock123
#39 · Posted: 25 Jul 2011 19:25
I’m still not aware of it, to be honest. The only thing which came to mind was the Archives editions, which Atlas sell by mail-order in French; however, as far as I know neither Soviets nor Alph-Art is included in this series.

I feel that as they haven’t added anything other than the statement in the outline paragraph, that the person who included it was either working on the assumption that there was a new book coming ot in the Atlas series,or that they were just spinning a yarn…

…but I’d be happy to be wrong!
Jelsemium
#40 · Posted: 18 Oct 2011 04:56
I'd like to see Alph-Art finished. I don't think there's anyway to do it the way Hergé would have. I don't think it would be a good idea to even try to do an imitation Hergé.

If I had a way to submit ideas, I suggest that the Foundation publish a book where the first part is whatever Hergé finished. Then round up several teams of artists/writers and have each team create their version of the ending. (To be precise, if there were five teams of artists/writers, then there would be five endings for this Alph-Art book.)

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!