Alph-Art: The re-discovered pages

Lurt
#1 · Posted: 5 May 2007 19:24
Combined two consecutive posts

I saw in a web this:

Re-discovered pages
Sorry for my English.
Quote from Wikepedia Article:
- Endaddine Akass is revealed as Rastapopoulos. This is not confirmed in the actual book, so there is much speculation as to whether Hergé would have used this idea.

Is it this true ?

Moderator Note: Hi Lurt. Your first message (now combined with your second post) has been reduced to the URL for the web page from which you copied (specifically the Wikipedia article on Alph-Art, the paragraphs on the re-discovered pages). It isn’t really polite or fair just to copy a chunk of someone else’s work, especially without making any credit for the source.
It also isn’t really right just to copy so much of the material without any real purpose - you don’t comment on what the original author says, nor do you do it to correct a mistake. If you think that the information is of interest to the members, and you would like them to read it, the best thing to do is just to post a link to it. If you want to ask a question as here, just give a link to your source, and ask the question. Many thanks!

The Happy Tintinologist Team
Balthazar
#2 · Posted: 6 May 2007 12:51
Yes, from what I've read, all the plot ideas you list from these newly discovered rough notes and page sketches - including the identity of Akass - were simply ideas Hergé was toying with.
He was apparently a long way from pinning down the plot of the book into anything like a finished shape.
From Tintin's line, "I've heard that voice before," (or something like that) it seems that that Hergé liked the idea of Akass being a disguised character from one of the previous books, but I don't think he'd definitely decided that this character would be Rastapopoulos.
BlackIsland
#3 · Posted: 22 May 2007 21:22
I don't think he'd definitely decided that this character would be Rastapopoulos

I always thought this myself because it would be too easy. There was always tons of speculation on this. I thought it would be different because of the way 714 ended. Rastapopoulos became so ridiculous at that point in the series.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 23 May 2007 10:35
Lurt
Is it this true ?
Is which true - that the book says this, or that it would have been the case? The book certainly does say that it is an option which Hergé was considering, but no one knows what the actual book would have been like if finished. In fact, if anything the Wikipedia writer is being overly cautious - the whole book, as it stands, is really no more than a collection of notes and ideas, and the written text pages have therefore as much validity as anything that was drawn, because all or none of them might have been part of the completed book.
I agree with BlackIsland, the revelation of Rastapopoulos as the villain would have been a bit too predictable and pat – I vote for Cutts the butcher! That would have been a surprise!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!