Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Crab with the Golden Claws: Golden Press edition

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 25 Mar 2008 16:30
Im on the brink of getting the crab with the golden claws golden press edition anyone here no if it is any good and how much differnt isit to the original.
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 25 Mar 2008 23:59
I'm not sure what a Golden Press Edition is. Is it a sort of facsimile edition?
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 26 Mar 2008 01:43
You can read all about the Golden Press editions in this article here.

In answer to the original question: the book has an entirely different English language translation to the standard edition available today, so in that respect it is different. Of course, the story and artwork is the same, but many of the character's names, places and so forth are different.

One interesting difference in "Crab With The Golden Claws" I found was that in the scene where Haddock cries for his mother, just after he first meets Tintin, he instead cries about the fact he has been double-crossed by his ship mates. I believe this was an attempt by the publishers to tone down Haddock's drunkeness.
BlackIsland
#4 · Posted: 27 Mar 2008 23:09
I will have to try to get those at some point.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!