Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Castafiore Emerald: the magpie on the first page

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 15 May 2008 23:50
I was flipping through The Castafiore Emerald today, and I noticed that in the first panel of page one, the magpie is perched above Tintin and the Captain's heads on a branch. This kind of foreshadowing is very much like what Herge did on the first page of The Secret of the Unicorn with the pickpocket (Aristides Silk). I just thought it was interesting, so I thought I'd tell anyone else who had not yet noticed it that it was there.
IvanIvanovitch
#2 · Posted: 13 Jun 2008 05:40
I knew about the magpie, but I'd never made the connection with Unicorn before. I've been rereading the series lately, finding totally new details everywhere. Snowy especially surprises me. Through the course of the adventures he does dog stuff like marking boat docks and sticking his head out the window of a getaway car. It's hilarious!
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 13 Jun 2008 21:47
Yeah, Herge was very clever with subtle things like that.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!