Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in the Congo: Version with the rhino kill?

Pharaoh
#1 · Posted: 1 Jun 2008 18:39
I came across this one

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/2203012005/ref=nosim?tag=editionscaste-21

I was wondering if anyone knows positively if this edition has the original page 56 with blowing up the rhino, or the watered down redrawn version as released in the UK?

Thanks.
Dupondt
#2 · Posted: 2 Jun 2008 00:47
I have the french version and it has the rhino incident.
Pharaoh
#3 · Posted: 2 Jun 2008 01:52
Thank you very much.
tuhatkauno
#4 · Posted: 2 Jun 2008 12:25
hi pharaoh

In Finnish edition Tintin made the poor rhino vanish on page 58. As a hunter I suggest a rifle especially if you want to get a trophy (like Tintin did). Now there wasn't much left for a trophy, a horn and a strip of smoking skin. They don't look very cool on the livingroom wall.
Pharaoh
#5 · Posted: 2 Jun 2008 15:26
As a hunter I suggest a rifle especially if you want to get a trophy

LOL!

I'm a hunter too. I do use my trusty 7mm Mauser thought, not dynamite. :)
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 2 Jun 2008 16:05
Pharaoh wrote:
I'm a hunter too. I do use my trusty 7mm Mauser

The good old Mauser makes my heart sing, I love you pharaoh! But in SAKO I trust (as a Finn), I've got .308trg (old moosebiathlon) and .22 p72 (biathlon). Nowadays Beretta owns SAKO and they've ruined the quality. Whoops ... now I am off the topic.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!