Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Black Island: A mysterious edition?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

SmartTintin
#11 · Posted: 26 Jun 2008 20:54
Pharaoh:
Done!

That's Great!!! I hope to read your article in the Tintinologist Journal.
mct16
#12 · Posted: 26 Jun 2008 22:20
Pharaoh:
Oops! You forgot to tell me where did you order it from and when? I want to increase my chances of getting the right book this time. Cheers.

I bought it at a ordinary newsagent in Dieppe during a short holiday to France last year.
Balthazar
#13 · Posted: 26 Jun 2008 23:51
This tale of real facsimiles and slightly flawed "fake" facsimiles reminds me of a Tintin book plot. Maybe almost every copy printed in the 1990s was deliberately given some different error, and there are only three perfect facsimile copies of the book in existence. If you find them all and hold certain pages up to the light they give you a latitude and longditude reference for Hergé's lost family treasure (left to him by his mysterious and possibly aristocratic or royal grandfather). Or maybe there's only one true facsimile, which contains an Arumbaya diamond concealed within its spine.

Forgive my fanciful ramblings. It's late. But if you end up finding your perfect copy at a street market, Pharaoh, and a thin man with a beard and a stout man in a blue suit rush up and start trying to outbid each other for it, you'll know I was onto something.
Pharaoh
#14 · Posted: 27 Jun 2008 00:26
Balthazar:
and there are only three perfect facsimile copies of the book in existence. If you find them all and hold certain pages up to the light they give you a latitude and longditude reference for Hergé's lost family treasure

I have a feeling that you are lying.
Dupondt
#15 · Posted: 27 Jun 2008 01:18
I have a feeling he's referring to the secret of the unicorn
jock123
#16 · Posted: 27 Jun 2008 07:23
Pharaoh:

I hope you feel that he is joking - let’s not get to the point of people calling others liars, thank you very much!
The Dossiers version doesn’t have the boxes in the masthead of the paper, so it is like the original in that respect.
SmartTintin
#17 · Posted: 27 Jun 2008 08:04
Pharaoh:

Pharaoh, sorry to interrupt, but that's not the way to talk to senior member like Balthazar. Well, in fact, as Jock mentioned, I hope you feel that he is kidding...

On second thoughts, if such facsimile versions exist then Tintin Museum is the right place for them to be.
Pharaoh
#18 · Posted: 27 Jun 2008 09:33
SmartTintin:
Pharaoh, sorry to interrupt, but that's not the way to talk to senior member like Balthazar

Kindly refrain from such comments. Everyone deserves equal respect, joniors and seniors. The fact that you did not get that I'm joking back at Balthazar's teasing quite amuses me indeed.
Pharaoh
#19 · Posted: 27 Jun 2008 09:53
jock123:
hope you feel that he is joking

You thought I took his hidden treasure story seriously? How?

The Dossiers version doesn’t have the boxes in the masthead of the paper, so it is like the original in that respect

Can you tell me more about it? Is it an English language colour facsimile, or a collection of the orginal strips from Le Petit Vingtième? Any special features behind it's quite high price (nearly three times the price of the regualr facsimile)? I can tell it's French, but Amazon.co.uk & amazon.fr list its language as "English", so I thought to ask.

Most importnatly, is it just a copy of a 1943 book, or was it restored too like the 1996 Casterman/Europixel version? You do know that the 1996 edition did go through a breakthrough restoration to return it back to the way Herge coloured it, making it more faithful to his original drawings than the one actually printed in 1943. This facsimile takes my interest because of it. As far as I can tell, this expensive restoration was not done on later colour facsimiles, I can see misalignments and colour bleeding in later facsimiles of other albums.

Cheers.

Moderator Note: The point is not whether anyone believes you or not, it is that accusations of lying should not be made against other members, even in jest. As the entirety of your “joke” was without any other context (it wasn’t part of a longer statement which would have clarified your intention, or given a smiley/ wink emoticon to clarify your intention), it was as likely to be a bald statement of fact as a jest.

Look at it this way: if you had been definitely calling Balthazar a liar, you could have posted exactly the same message, without altering it – so how are people to tell?

While moderate teasing is acceptable, we try not to stray into accusations which could be deemed libelous or slanderous, thank you very much.

The Tintinologist Team
SmartTintin
#20 · Posted: 27 Jun 2008 09:54
Pharaoh:
Everyone deserves equal respect, joniors and seniors. The fact that you did not get that I'm joking back at Balthazar's teasing quite amuses me indeed.

Hey, that's true, but I did not mean that juniors should be treated badly, I was just pointing out his seniority out here.

Well, it's good to know that you were joking... but you've to mention that 'cos calling anyone a liar is as good as abusing. Thanks for understanding!

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!