Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin in the Land of the Soviets: Will the 2017 colour book be released in English?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 18 Jul 2023 11:59
Richard:
an English hardcover edition is slated for release in April next year

Oh, thanks for the update on that! That's good to hear!

RedVictory356:
I wonder if they will use the older translation by Leslie Lonsdale-Cooper and Michael Turner

Another interesting question - as it's coming from Farshore, it's possible that they will go with the "original", as they own that...? It would be my preferred option too.
jock123
#12 · Posted: 2 Aug 2023 23:12
RedVictory356:
I wonder if they will use the older translation by Leslie Lonsdale-Cooper and Michael Turner

Yes, I have had it confirmed to me by Farshore that it is indeed the MT&LL-C translation which will be used in the new colour edition!
RedVictory356
#13 · Posted: 3 Aug 2023 04:39
Great! Good work checking.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#14 · Posted: 3 Aug 2023 18:52
jock123
That's great news! Now if they only use the original hand lettering from the black and white edition too, there'll be one very happy Tintinologist here.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#15 · Posted: 5 Sep 2023 12:13
Another update: a paperback edition is now scheduled for release in July.
george
#16 · Posted: 21 Nov 2023 17:39
Is it my imagination or is this moving backwards in the schedule? It says September 2024 now whereas I'm sure it was... well, earlier? Still no sign of any other details but if this is shifting I suppose there's no hurry to fill in the gaps in our knowledge.

(Google books has 4 July for publication)

Edit: Ah, literally the post above this has that earlier date!

george

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!