Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Land of Black Gold: Thomson and Thompson "Boom" song

RicardoOlcese
#1 · Posted: 20 Jan 2019 01:43
In the beginning, after getting some oil for their car (specially treated by Mull Pacha, it seems), our beloved and sagacious detectives sing a song...
In French it goes something like, "Quand vot' moteur fait Boum" (similar translation in every language, I believe).
I just found the original song, Boum!, by French singer Charles Trenet, (very popular 1930s-1950s). I found it quite funny, and a good representation of the times.
Amaïh!
Moderator Note: The link you posted has been removed, as we try to avoid any issues with copyright; the song may be old, and some recordings may be in the public domain in the EU, but this may not be the case everywhere. The fact that the recording you linked to was a live TV performance may also muddy the water, as that may still be subject to copyright; Charles Trenet died less than seventy years ago, and that too may affect the usage of the clip, as his image will be still in copyright.
Rather than get involved with what is and isn't admissible to post, it's best to err on the side of caution, and not post links to clips unless you ask Admin first - after all, this is Irene's site, ad she will no doubt be the one to get into trouble if lawyers come calling!
Thank you for your help in keeping Admin out of trouble!
The Tintinologist Team
Shivam302001
#2 · Posted: 20 Jan 2019 07:57
I say, this song also featured in the 2012 James Bond movie 'Skyfall'. Talk about unintended (or intentional?) Easter eggs for us Tintinophiles!
RicardoOlcese
#3 · Posted: 20 Jan 2019 15:29
RicardoOlcese
Alright, understood! :)
Shivam302001
#4 · Posted: 20 Jan 2019 18:17
RicardoOlcese

I think you replied to yourself by mistake.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know more about this song, we can always fall back to Wikipedia.
jock123
#5 · Posted: 20 Jan 2019 22:34
Shivam302001:
I think you replied to yourself by mistake.

Err, no, I think you will find that he was replying to the Moderator Note on his post.

Shivam302001:
we can always fall back to Wikipedia.

Why? If we "fall back on Wikipedia", we might just as well give up on the forums; the idea is for us to look around out there, and assemble the knowledge we gain, if possible from more than one source, back here... ;-)
Shivam302001
#6 · Posted: 21 Jan 2019 03:56
jock123

I just meant anybody wanting to know more can also have a look at Wikipedia and provided them with a link. I could very well have written all the info in this forum, but since there is ample information in that site, I thought giving a link directly would have been better. So, I did assemble the knowledge I gained in this forum by providing a direct link to the source from which I gained this knowledge. I hope you understand.
jock123
#7 · Posted: 21 Jan 2019 11:24
Shivam302001:
So, I did assemble the knowledge I gained in this forum by providing a direct link to the source from which I gained this knowledge. I hope you understand.

Fair point! :-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!