Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

The Secret of Black Rock

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 2 May 2018 21:35
I walked past my local Waterstones and noticed The Secret of Black Rock.I thought the front cover bared a striking resemblence to The Black Island would you agree?.

The book is by British Author Joe Todd-Stanton.

The synopsis is Erin loves to lie on the jetty, looking for the weirdest fish in the sea - the weirder, the better! And she knows the best ones must be further out, where her mum won't let her go ...
Out there in the deepest sea lies the Black Rock: a huge, dark and spiky mass that is said to destroy any boats that come near it!

Can Erin uncover the truth behind this mysterious legend?.
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 4 May 2018 01:49
I saw this book in a competition in a children's magazine last year (I've been meaning to post a thread on it for a while now), and I agree with you about how similar the cover looks to The Black Island. The island, the dog in the boat, the (admittedly not a motor but a rowing) boat and the part of the plot about the island destroying boats that come near it makes me think that the author is, or was, influenced by Tintin.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!