Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q44: A moustached father-figure of the country

labrador road 26
#1 · Posted: 31 Aug 2006 16:52
In Calculus Affair we learn that Kurvi-Tasch (Pleksy-Gladz) have had a major part in Bordurian history. In another album another historic person also had a (probably) major part in another countrys history. Kurvi-Tasch and this other both have moustasches and similar weapons of choice.

Who is the person who shares some traits with the bordurian statesman?
In which country did he do his deeds to make it for posterity?
Levent
#2 · Posted: 31 Aug 2006 18:34
He is Tapioca. His name mentioned in Red Sea Sharks and Tintin and Picaros albums.
yamilah
#3 · Posted: 31 Aug 2006 18:48
I suppose you rather mean General OLIVARO the liberator of San Theodoros, who died aged 94 (1805-1899): a statue of him can be seen in The Broken Ear (p.30-B2), when beheaded by the bomb supposed to kill Alcazar.

compare his & Plekszy-Gladz's statues on http://cactuscom.com/tintin/actual.htm#a3 (annexes II & III)
Levent
#4 · Posted: 31 Aug 2006 22:42
This question is confusing one.

labrador road 26 says: "(probably)", "similar weapons of choice", "shares some traits with the bordurian statesman".
labrador road 26
#5 · Posted: 1 Sep 2006 01:48
I'm really sorry if the question was badly formulated. I was looking for Olivaro which looks similar to Kurvi-Tasch (Plekszy-Gladz) and they are both pictured with some kind of saber (or sword).

Olivaro played enough major role in San Theodoros history to be made statue close to the office of the current head of state, so I guess he was quite a important figure.

Shared traits:
Both made as statues.
Both pictured with sabers (or similar).
Both pictured with moustaches.
Both (probably) had a major part in their respective countrys history.

Amazingly Yamilah scores again, well I'm kidding, of course Yamilah scores.
Levent
#6 · Posted: 1 Sep 2006 08:11
Allright. I thought he is Tapioca because that "trait" word.

This topic is closed.