Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q78: Find the car

Balthazar
#1 · Posted: 1 Nov 2006 10:05
Where in the Tintin books can you see a car with a number 13 on the side of it?
(And I do mean on the side of the car. The number's not part of some car's front or rear registration plate.)
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 1 Nov 2006 12:39
Last page and frame of The Red Sea Sharks I think.
Balthazar
#3 · Posted: 1 Nov 2006 17:18
Sorry Tintinrulz, but that's not the right answer. I can see why you guessed that frame (and I admit I was hoping someone might, heh heh) but you'll find that none of the cars portrayed there has a number 13 on it. ;)

You need to look in a different book.
Balthazar
#4 · Posted: 2 Nov 2006 11:36
OK, it's been a bit more than 24 hours with no correct answer, so time for a clue, I guess:

The frame where this car appears also contains, among other things, an aeroplane, a castle and some soldiers. If you're looking for it, my advice would be to scale down your ideas and shop around. When you find it, you'll be close to a "Eureka" moment.

Hope that helps!
yamilah
#5 · Posted: 2 Nov 2006 12:24
In King Ottokars' Sceptre (p.44), Tintin looks at various toys exposed in a 'Jouets' window: an airplane hanging at a wire, a castle, some soldiers, and a car which, as far as I can remember, holds a '13' on its side.
Balthazar
#6 · Posted: 2 Nov 2006 12:39
Well done, yamilah; that's the correct answer. The little racing car in that toy shop window does indeed have a number 13 on its side.

(The Eureka part of my clue refers, of course, to Tintin shouting "Eureka" in the next frame, as a toy field gun which is also in the window has suddenly made him realise that camera at the castle might contain a spring-powered sceptre-firing mechanism.)

So a point and the next question to yamilah.

This topic is closed.