Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q87: About Jorgen's & Tintin's guns

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

yamilah
#11 · Posted: 12 Nov 2006 15:54
Balthazar
Firstly, even in the French language original, this is not necessarily a mistake.
That's precisely why I wrote 'mistake'!

as outlined in my first post to this thread, we've no reason to think that the gun is Tintin's personal property
That's precisely why I mentioned the heroes' gun when editing my post, and by the way the 'subtle' language barrier comment was removed before you answered!
Not quite an unambiguous question, I must admit, but nobody's perfect...
Maybe I should have restrained from keeping the game running for the week-end, thus providing some rest to everybody!

jockosjungle
I read the entire section twice and saw no inconsistency.
There's certainly none in the version to be used for this quiz!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#12 · Posted: 12 Nov 2006 20:40
Balthazar said:

The quiz rules clearly state that we're using the English translated books, not the French ones, so if anyone's setting a text based question they should have the English version of the book to hand when they set it.

Indeed - it's Rule 2. I'm afraid yamilah is docked one point for posing a question that was impossible within the parameters of the quiz.
yamilah
#13 · Posted: 12 Nov 2006 20:47
Your proposal seems quite fair.
Here's mine: the docked one should -in that precise case- NOT be excluded from setting the new question, and given another chance! What do yo reckon?
Harrock n roll
#14 · Posted: 13 Nov 2006 15:03
the docked one should -in that precise case- NOT be excluded from setting the new question, and given another chance!

Whilst I agree with this in principle it's not very sporting is it? I think having set an impossible question the questioner should then step back and let others have a go. It would be the gentlemanly thing to do.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

This topic is closed.