Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q93: So which language does Tintin prefer?

labrador road 26
#1 · Posted: 21 Nov 2006 18:50
I'll try and make this as easy as possible unlike the previous questioneer. Since I'm from Sweden I don't really have that much knowledge about the english editions, I hope my question goes for all of them, it is in the Methuen edition I looked in anyway.

At a time when Tintin finds a radio and wants to hear some news, before he get the news broadcast he hears the beginning in french but changes so he can hear it in english instead. When does this happens?

I could not find if this edition was the usual translation, but I hope it is. In the new swedish edition the french part is in english and the rest is in swedish. If my question does not make sense, please say so, and I'll try and rephrase it
yamilah
#2 · Posted: 21 Nov 2006 19:35
In The Land of Black Gold (p.43-D2), Tintin listens to such bilingual news. Is that what you meant, labrador road 26?
labrador road 26
#3 · Posted: 21 Nov 2006 19:58
Sigh, yes that is the scene I was asking about. Was really hoping someone else would have answered since your questions is so hard to understand. But you got it. The ball is in your court, please use it wisely.