Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q99: Cannon Fodder!

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 26 Nov 2006 21:45
Thought I'd enter the challenge by posting a question, as have so far not been quick enough to answer any!

Where in the Tintin books is an artillery gun pointed straight at Tintin's stomach?

Page Number and Book will do!

Good guessing!

Rik
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 27 Nov 2006 05:47
Are you perhaps asking about the toy artillery gun (canon) in the window display of the toy store in King Ottokar's Sceptre?
yamilah
#3 · Posted: 27 Nov 2006 10:09
On page 38 from King's Ottokar Sceptre, to be precise.
(the point should go to labrador road 26, if this is the correct answer).
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 27 Nov 2006 17:30
Correct Labrador Road! Although I asked for a page number??? Which Yamilah provided????

Would the score keeper care to make a decision?

R
labrador road 26
#5 · Posted: 27 Nov 2006 19:29
I described the scene isn't that enough. I think it is not really necessary to ask for page number since most of us know the book by heart more or less. By my description most members here will surely know what I meant, and where to look if they want to see for themselves. But I leave it up to Ed to decide.
yamilah
#6 · Posted: 27 Nov 2006 20:10
To be even more precise, the canon toy is on page 44, last strip!
And even more reasons to give the point to labrador road 26, imho!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#7 · Posted: 27 Nov 2006 21:50
labrador road 26:

I think it is not really necessary to ask for page number since most of us know the book by heart more or less. By my description most members here will surely know what I meant, and where to look if they want to see for themselves.

That's really up to how the question is worded, as some people may not know the scene in question (especially if it's a small detail from one isolated frame). However, since your answer is clear, and yamilah has magnanimously said you deserve it, the point is yours! Over to you for the next question.

Ed

This topic is closed.