Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q105: Capitalizing!

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#21 · Posted: 2 Dec 2006 14:34
You're absolutely right Balthazar, I overlooked that one as it had dropped off the end of the page! Rectified now.

Ed
labrador road 26
#22 · Posted: 2 Dec 2006 18:04
Sorry, but I haven't been here since I posted my answers. I'll put up another question in an hour or two. Also thanks to all for giving me the heads up and not using "my" cities in your answers.

By the way, I am a man so your assumption was quite correct. I also always envisioned Yamilah as a she, though some members refer to "her" as him. Asked her twice about that but she hasn't answered.
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#23 · Posted: 2 Dec 2006 22:44
I've always assumed that yamilah is a woman
a) because yamilah is a female name, and a female Tintin character

Please note the possible presence of Mr and Mrs Yamilah at the conference of Endaddine (Page 32 of the actual edition with page 24 (23) of Hergé's original document).
Balthazar
#24 · Posted: 2 Dec 2006 23:01
Re the presence of a Mr and Mrs Yamilah: interesting point, chevet. Though a recent posting from this forum's yamilah (in the thread following quiz question 100, answering labrador road 26's query about how she answered quiz questions so quickly) suggests that the female music hall star was the primary inspiration for the choice of forum-name:

yamilah
As a clairvoyante, maybe Yamilah just knows most questions in advance?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3