Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q150: Snowy's lost his...

Ranko
#1 · Posted: 3 Mar 2007 20:05
Thanks Labrador. Yes, what did happen to that book?

Anyway, on the queston...

Snowy loses something in The Shooting Star. Can you name what it is?
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 4 Mar 2007 01:37
This answer is from memory only. If I am correct Snowy loses his footing when the deck freezes overnight and is covered with ice.
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 4 Mar 2007 08:45
Nice try, labrador. As I was typing I thought someone would come up with this :-)

Unfortunately not. You are in the right section of the book however...
He loses something tangible
labrador road 26
#4 · Posted: 4 Mar 2007 12:40
I'll give it another shot then. Snowy loses his very nice outfit due to urgency to get to the meteorite and there is no time to dress him again. Snowy's outfit is not seen anymore after they undress for a well deserved nap. Is that what you had in mind?
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 4 Mar 2007 13:15
You are so close.

here's another clue. Study the frame where we see Snowy for the very first time in his snappy outfit.
lintondrums
#6 · Posted: 4 Mar 2007 14:40
Oh wow!!

I must admit that is a very clever question....

I have never spotted that before when reading the book....

Poor little snowy had lost his dinky little boots...

In the first frame you see him wearing his yellow boots on page 27 and then on page 28 he is seen without them.
Ranko
#7 · Posted: 5 Mar 2007 09:14
Nice work, lintondrums!

Sorry, labrador. I'd love to give you a point for all the ground work you did, but lintondrums pipped you at the post!

Yes, Snowy loses his little boots after page 27. We are told on page 28 that it is the next morning so conceivably he could have left them in the cabin, however we never see them again so the assumption is they are lost. BTW, Tintin also appears to have lost his mittens in the same sequence. Take better care of them next time! :-)

Have a point and over to you for the next question.

This topic is closed.