Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q154: Money talks?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#11 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 10:01
Ed and all, Are you ok with this?

Absolutely - congratulations to Balthazar and tuhatkauno.

Ed
tuhatkauno
#12 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 11:51
Hi everybody

How do we go on? I have been a member only two days, so I don't know what to do? Is it now my turn to formulate a question? And if it is, do I write it down on this page?

tuhatkauno
Balthazar
#13 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 12:10
I'm more than happy to give the duties of answering the next quiz question to Tuhatkauno, if Tuhatkauno has a question for us (and if Ranko's OK with this tweak to his decision). Like I said, I wasn't trying to poach the point by coming in with two more currency names on the back of Tuhatkauno's bolivar, merely trying to extend the list. And although Zloty turned out to be the answer Ranko was after, I was probably breaking rule four - "Each player is allowed 1 attempt per question" - by putting forward "mark" in the same answer.

And, in any case, a question from a new forum member's fresh brain might be better than anything I can come up with from my slightly depleted brain. What do you think, Ranko?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#14 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 12:10
Tuhatkauno -

You've been given a point because your answer was 'correct', though it wasn't the one Ranko was thinking of. Balthazar chose the right answer and so he sets the new question in a new thread; you don't have to do anything - except keep playing!

Balthazar - sorry for the crossed posts. Ranko can decide what to do next, though I'm happy with his decision and think you deserve a point, at least.

Ed
Ranko
#15 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 15:07
Thanks Ed and Balthazar.

Tuhatkauno. Over to you for the next question. Well done!
tuhatkauno
#16 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 15:27
Hello there

Thank you Renko for giving me the turn. I have to formulate a question concernig plots, because I don't yet have English albums (but I will).

Who reckons that "1+2 is better than 1½ + 1½"?

Name also the album and context (or pagenumber.

tuhatkauno
Balthazar
#17 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 15:45
You should ideally post this new quiz question as a new topic, tuhatkauno. You did ask how to do this several posts back, but we all forgot to tell you how. Sorry!

What you need to do is go to the Forums subject category menu and click on the Tintin Trivia Challenge subject. When you get onto that page, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you'll find a thin "topic" box in which to type the question number (Q155) and your question title, and a bigger "message" box in which to type your question. It took me a little while to work that out too when I first posted a quiz question!

(And, of course, you'd follow the same procedure, choosing the appropriate forum category, if you wanted to start a new discussion thread from scratch.)

Hope that helps.
yamilah
#18 · Posted: 19 Mar 2007 23:23
Moneywise, there's also one Abd El Drachm, a member of Omar Ben Salaad's organisation, who features in The Crab with the Golden Claws (page 51).

see http://www.answers.com/topic/drachm
then http://www.answers.com/drachma (Greek currency unit before the adoption of the euro, definition #1)
and http://www.answers.com/topic/dram (Armenian currency unit, definition #2)
etc...

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2