Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q156: A familiar code?

Jolyon Wagg
#1 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 10:46
thatch estate onwards often whenever ominous test llaneli stump inwards titanium nto offer insane dter helium waver yacht ndot whose attend alchemist burn m?
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 11:34
The code says:
the son of whom tells tintin to find the way and what album?

So I guess you want the answers:
Didi and Blue Lotus.

The code is described on page 19 in Blue Lotus.
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 15:23
Hello labrador

You were quick, I just arrived home. But you must said Didi by accident. The father is Wang Chen-yee as you sure know. You earn the point.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 17:44
thatch estate onwards often whenever ominous test llaneli stump inwards titanium nto offer insane dter helium waver yacht ndot whose attend alchemist burn m?

Just for clarity, the code is in the first two letters of each word/ set of characters:
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#5 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 18:46
The father is Wang Chen-yee as you sure know. You earn the point.

Ahem! It's up to the question-setter to decide who wins the point. Mr Wagg, do you concur?

Ed
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 19:11
Sorry, I only meant that labrador did all the work and I got the rebound.
Jolyon Wagg
#7 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 19:18
Hmm its a tough one. Labrador did qoute the right album but it was tuhatkauno who gave the correct name of the person I was lookin for. However, theres no proof that tuhatkauno managed to crack the code as the name of the person was merely corrected. Labrador would have definitely had to crack the code to attempt an answer. In light of this I think Labrador should get the point?

As you can see I had to badly improvise with some of the words but I think it was a refreshing approach to setting a question :P
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#8 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 19:35
Fine, labrador road 26 gets the point and may set the next question.

It was certainly a refreshing approach to a question - variety keeps the quiz interesting!

Ed
tuhatkauno
#9 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 20:05
Hi Jolyon Wagg

Your judgement is fair, as I said labrador was quicker and Didi was an accident. The code is familiar to me, but labrador had already solved your message.

This topic is closed.