Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q162: A hat trick

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#1 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 08:25
Three scores in one game, a hat trick is needed now. So don't answer one by one.

Where does Calculus wear

1) Haddock's hat
2) a beret (painter style)
3) a skullcap?

Now about the skullcap (calot?), in order to avoid misunderstandings I describe the cap a little. It is like a jewish kipah but much bigger reaching ears and a forehead. It is black and it has an "antenna" on the top.

Give me the albums and the pagenumbers.

And now for something completely different, a bonus question (off the game). By answering to this question you can only get mental satisfaction or depression.

If Ace Ventura was in Syldavia, what would he say after parking his car?
tintinspartan
#2 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 08:57
I got disapointed last time, now, my turn has come.

Calculus wore a skull cap on page 57 of Prisoners of the Sun

Calculus wore a painter's hat in Destination Moon, page 58.

And lastly, he did wore Captain Haddock's Cap quite by accident when Haddock threw the cap to a hanger in Tintin And The Picaros, Pg 25-30, somewhere around there.

Well, your hat tricks are over, did it?
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 09:21
I'm afraid you didn't score three times. See, Calculus is wearing some kind of ritual hat not a black skullcap in The Prisoners pg. 57. And in Destanation Moon Wolff is wearing a beret in page 57 not Calculus. And the last one, well...
tintinspartan
#4 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 10:06
I was right about the Captain's Hat, right? Well, your 'skullcap' was the hardest one, i tell ya. Not all could answer.

Well, no other correct answer by 24 hours, they'll give me a point and let me a chance of setting a question, i guess. Maybe, who knows, someone else is smarter than me, tuhatkano.
tuhatkauno
#5 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 11:26
Hi tintinspartan

To earn a point (in other words to make a hat trick) all the three answers must be correct. Isn't that what a hat trick is about, three scores in one game. So please don't give me answers one at a time but all three or nothing. For now on I won't comment answers separately.

That bonus question is answerable all the time, it's not part of the official game.

Hey tintinspartan I might sound a little hard, I didn't mean to be. English is not my language, and that's why my sayings may sound peculiar.
labrador road 26
#6 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 14:06
Maybe you're looking for the hats/ caps that are featured in:
2. Calculus Affair, page 60-61 when Calculus finally gets the umbrella.
3. Red Rackham's Treasure, page 21-24 when the team are looking for the island.

Although I think the cap is the same in those frames, just that Calculus wears it a bit different, further down at sea.
tuhatkauno
#7 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 14:12
Hi labrador road

There is still one missing.

What about Calculus and Haddock's hat (album, page)
Tintinrulz
#8 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 14:38
What the dickens is a 'skull cap'?
tuhatkauno
#9 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 14:50
You tell me, tintinrulz, I'm the one that doesn't speak fluent English. I tried dictonaries, wikipedia, praying and everything. In anglo-american culture there are thousands of hats and I just thought skullcap might be the one. Obviously not, that's why I described the hat. Black with antenna, kippah like but bigger.
Balthazar
#10 · Posted: 29 Mar 2007 15:39
Maybe they don't have skullcaps where you live, Tintinrulz, but it's a perfectly common English word, easily found in any online dictionary. However, I think for a hat to be called a skullcap, it has to be one that covers only the crown of the head, like the Jewish kippah or the Pope's hat or the red one worn by the U-boat captain in The Red Sea Sharks. So Calculus's hat in Red Rackham doesn't quite qualify, but of course tuhatkauno pre-empted this slight innacuracy in his original question and explained what he meant perfectly well. The "antenna" suggests that it's a beret of some kind; I don't know if there's a specific name for that kind of tight-fitting beret. I think labrador road 26 might be right, that it could actually be a normal floppy beret that's been pulled down tight on this occasion.

By the way, tuhatkauno, when I read labrador road's answer, I assumed he neglected to give answer number 1 (Calculus wearing Captain Haddock's hat) only because that one had already been answered and he didn't realise it was necessary for him to repeat it. You did ask for all three correct answers to be listed together though, so maybe he should have.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »