Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q162: Transportation and place connection

labrador road 26
#1 · Posted: 1 Apr 2007 05:28
Sorry all for the delay, but I have had serious problems with formulating this question. Here goes my try.

On one occasion Tintin is traveling to a region where a specific natural phenomena occurs. The mode of transportation is named similar as the name of the phenomena.

What is the natural phenomena and the connected transportation? Page number absolutely not necessary, but book will be nice.

To make it even harder, the natural phenomena is not occurring in the book. A bit strange considering Hergé fondness of occult and supernatural things like ball lightning, voodoo, UFO and so on.

If my wording is off please tell me and I'll try to rephrase the question. The answer will probably be right up Yamilah's alley.
tintinspartan
#2 · Posted: 1 Apr 2007 09:34
Well, a supernatural question? The phenomena's name but it's related to UFOs. Oh ya! UFO sightings. A flying saucer shaped like a hat appeared in Flight 714 almost around page 55-60.

Well, here's the proper answer to your question:
It's UFO kidnapping or sighting. It happens around page 55-60 of Flight 714 to Sydney ant the related transport is UFO's hat, shaped flying saucer.

Well, Mr. Labrador Road 26, Is that the answer to the 'supernatural' question?
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 1 Apr 2007 10:13
In The Shooting Star Tintin and Co travel north to the arctic circle to hunt for the meteorite. In these northern lattitudes the Aurora Borealis or northern lights is caused by charged particles colliding in the upper atmosphere creating the glow that is quite spectacular to see. (Unfortunately, I've only seen it in a book!)
The ship they travel in is called the Aurora

Anyway, was that the answer, Labrador?

Was it inTibet where we saw the similar St Elmo fire effect?
labrador road 26
#4 · Posted: 1 Apr 2007 12:01
Ranko is spot on. I don't know if Hergé named the ship Aurora as a connection to Aurora Borealis but it goes to the region where it occurs. Coincidence or part of some hidden code, who knows.

Your turn Ranko.

This topic is closed.