Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q179: Something Finnish

tuhatkauno
#1 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 07:55
hi

Everyone is interested in his/her own country in Tintin, I suppose. Some has more causes of happiness, some only one and some none. I wondered, if there is anyting Finnish in Tintin. Tintin has actually been in many places (USA, Reykjavik), many places have been mentioned by name (Björgenskjöld, Sweden), characters are from different countries (Skut, Estonia), there are newspapers, cars, posters and whatever. I found only one direct reference to Finland and it appears in three frames in the same album. ("reference" can be written, spoken or visual)

Name the album and the page(s) where is a direct reference to Finland.

The reference is so obvious and easy that a 11 years old child could notice it no matter where he comes from. The answer is in the Tintin word, it is on the pages.

I am more than happy if you find something else I have in mind.
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 08:59
In Explorers of the Moon Finland is visible on Earth on page 55 and even more clearly on page 57. Is that what you're looking for?
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 09:31
well done labradorgatan

Although my question was really far-fetched this time, it was also quite obvious. Herge is very logical when drawing, the earth was spinning little by little. All I had to do is to wait the earth to spin enough, and voila, Finland appeared.

By the way, Finnish TV2 shows "Tintin and I" document (by Anders Ostergaar) at 22.10 TONIHGT. And it is presented by finlandsvenska television, so it should be subtitled in Swedish (if not in ch2 then ch5). So labrador, (estonians and russians) take a peak.

I'm not sure if I've seen the document, anyway this must be my lucky monday;)

Whoops, the point and the turn to labrador.