Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q185: Sense of fashion!

labrador road 26
#1 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 07:32
In Explorers on the Moon the Thom(p)sons wear appropriate space-suit, and in Destination Moon they wear overalls, which seems apt. Where else do we see the detectives wear sort of correct outfits related to what they do at the time, and not their on take on what to wear, which mostly is quite wrong? They have even left their canes for the time being. It is of course not their regular black suits and bowler hats I'm asking about.

Book and scene will do. If this happens more than once, I'm sorry to say it slipped my mind.
tuhatkauno
#2 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 08:05
Tjänare

I don't have the books at hand, but there might be more than one answer. In Black Gold the twins are Simoun's mechanics. Do you count these disguises? As well as in Treasure one of the twins wears diversuit (but not weights) and I don't remember seeing a cane down there. As far as I remember when seamen they always carried their canes with them.
tintinspartan
#3 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 08:39
I can't get the point you're asking but is the Greek costumes that they wore during Destination Moon. They blamed their tailor for mistaking a Greek costume for a Slydavian dress.

Well, the Thompsons are absent-minded and their tailor maybe absent-minded too. Ha!
labrador road 26
#4 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 14:19
Tuhatkauno you're spot on, when the detectives for a short while are employed as mechanics the wear the company overalls. Probably a good thing, had they gotten the clothes themselves they surely would have mixed it up someway. The diving incident slipped my mind, but I guess that could be counted as half right, since he forgot the all important shoes.

Tintinspartan: youre example is what I would count as one of their own takes on correct clothes when in fact they are a bit off. Even if they refer to the tailor as the one who made the mistake, they are the ones who are wearing it, and still believe they are wearing Syldavian clothes. I would say that this is a typical example of the detectives habit of screwing up their disguises. Also their canes are there, carried by the rocketbase personel. So I'm afraid this wasn't precise enough to warrant a point.

So a point to Tuhatkauno and he gets the next question. Grattis åter igen till grannen i öster.

This topic is closed.