Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q190: 'bird' delivering 'bird'

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#1 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 21:15
hi, now, if you solve this question in 20 minutes I'll eat hatful of haggis.

(Where can you see a 'bird' delivering a 'bird'?
The album and the page, please.)

EDIT 00.41: This is more accurate question

Where can you see a 'bird' carrying a 'bird'?
The album and the page, please.

By 'bird' I mean something, which is not alive, it is not a machine, it is not something written, but it is definitely a bird.

This kind of question has already asked, but this is not the same. And warning, this should be difficult.

Good luck :)

ps. Labrador, you can answer again.
labrador road 26
#2 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 22:08
I have some theories about this, but all seems to shatter by your statements.
By 'bird' I mean something, which is not alive, it is not a machine, it is not something written, but it is definitely a bird.
Mostly the not alive one. But I still have some that are rather close. I'm not after the point, this is just for amusement.

If one would consider king Muskar XII as the Golden Pelican himself, he delivers the order of the golden pelican to Tintin. A pelican delivering a pelican.

The birds (sparrows) in the street delivering the clue to the Bird brothers.

The Eagle of Patmos delivering the necessary clue, further improved by a bird statue. The eagle delivering the eagle so to speak.

The bird Castafiore (bird as in attractive female, or nightingale depending on preference) delivering a parrot och the same bird delivering (as in performing) The thieving magpie. Or The thieving magpie delivering the clue to the real magpie.

Unfortunately all of these have someone alive in them. When someone comes up with the correct answer I will probably go "Damn, I should have thought of that".
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 22:21
That's why I emphasized 'bird' is not alive, neither of them. Nice answers, something like that you said I was waiting for, but both of the birds are not alive.

But I'm not sure of "Damn, I should have thought of that". As I said, this should be difficult.

Normally I don't prefer the question like this but after few quick-answers I thought "now, you won't answer in a minute" :-)

By the way labrador, a bird is delivering another bird, not something to another bird.
tuhatkauno
#4 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 22:48
The Eagle of Patmos delivering the necessary clue, further improved by a bird statue. The eagle delivering the eagle so to speak.

This is very close, labrador, but is John actually delivering the eagle? I think no, the eagle just stands next to him.
tuhatkauno
#5 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 00:40
hello everybody

Because of my poor English, I have to make a specification.The meaning of "deliver" might be misleading. This is better:

Where can you see a 'bird' carrying a 'bird'?

I thought "carry with" and "deliver" have partly the same meaning, but I quess they haven't. I'm sorry.

Labrador, you can answer again.
alvarolino
#6 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 05:05
The Calculus Affair, page 38.
labrador road 26
#7 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 09:02
Damn, I should of thought of that ;-)
Ranko
#8 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 09:05
Could someone explain this? I'm lost?
tuhatkauno
#9 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 09:48
Good morning comrades in Tintin(s)

Thank you alvarolino for putting an end to this question. Look at the statue in the market place. There is a duck carrying a cock somewhere. I used the verb 'deliver' to quote to an earlirer question, but it was a mistake. 'Carry' was the right verb. I definitely deserve "the most pathetic question in 2007" -trophy but Jock, please, I peg you, no haggis!

Poor Labrador, förlåt min ouppmärksamhet, you spent a lot of time to solve this enigmatic question. You were misled by the first version of it. It wasn't an intellectual question after all, was it? I know, you are not a guy, who do this for the sake of getting as many points as possible, but please accept a point this time.

Alvarolino, you get the point and the turn to ask. And Labrador a point to you as well. Congratulations!

bye :-)

"Damn, I should have thought of that" he,he
Ranko
#10 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 10:38
Hold on. Take a closer look. The cockerel is not carrying the duck anywhere. It is standing on it in a moment of triumph as if defeated in battle.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.