Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q191: Just one manage to do

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

alvarolino
#1 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 16:15
This time I think the question is not so difficult.
Here I go...

Captain Haddock, a villain and another character have a try to do something, but only one is successful in doing. Who are they and what are they trying to do?
tintinspartan
#2 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 17:10
Well, Captain Haddock, Allan and Jumbo have tried to knock out Tintin but Jumbo was suceesful as he knocked Tintin out with a baton. Allan tried to barricade Tintin into a hold without water and food but was unsucessful as Tintin escaped it. And Haddock tried to strangle Tintin but was saved as Snowy knocked a huge bone on Haddock.

I hope that answers it. Well, a tough one that is.
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 17:11
This is not the right answer, but if a gun was a character, then the answer would be Pablo, Captain and a gun in Picaros. They tried to open the door.
alvarolino
#4 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 17:42
I have not understood your answer tuhatkauno. But a gun is not a character anyway.

As for tintinspartan answer, there are some mistakes:
It wasn't Jumbo who knocked out Tintin with a baton. Moreover, Captain Haddock knocked out Tintin with a bottle of whisky when they were inside the seaplane.
tuhatkauno
#5 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 18:21
I have not understood your answer tuhatkauno.

I meant Captain tried to get fresh air but he couldn't open the door. Pablo tried to get fresh air but he couldn't either. The door was jammed. Then Pablo felt down and threw his gun through the doorwindow. Now there were plenty of fresh air in that room. The gun succeeded in getting fresh air and Pablo (villain) and Captain didn't. Picaros, 17

Everything is OK, but a gun is not a character. I wasn't after a point, I just mentioned that detail. Do you understand now? :)
tintinspartan
#6 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 18:38
Hey! That's the answer we all can think, give a clue and we can answer or we'll ask ed to remove a point from your bank.
alvarolino
#7 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 18:44
Everything is OK, but a gun is not a character. I wasn't after a point, I just mentioned that detail. Do you understand now? :)

Hey tuhatkauno, if you were aware of mentioning a detail that wasn't the right answer, I think you could have another try... d;0) What do you think, Moderator?
tuhatkauno
#8 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 18:56
Hi

Now we understand each other. That wasn't an answer, but I'll wait this time. If the question is unanswered tomorrow, I'll start thinking of it. OK?
alvarolino
#9 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 18:59
Hey! That's the answer we all can think, give a clue and we can answer or we'll ask ed to remove a point from your bank.

Go ahead tintinspartan... But remember: your answer was totally wrong as you could see... Moreover, if no one find out the right answer, a clue must be given just 24 hours after initial posting.
labrador road 26
#10 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 19:26
I think I maybe have the answer.
In Land of Black Gold, pages 58-59, Haddock, Dr. Müller/ Professor Smith (the villain) and Tintin (another character) are trying to hit/shoot each other but are unsuccesful until Dr. Müller shoots himself just to discover that the other gun is not a real one. But he succeds in shooting someone, himself, but not the way he intended.

This might be a bit off since they are probably trying to wound or in Müller's case kill the others and he isn't wounded, but it was the closest thing I could think of.

EDIT: I studied the scene more closely and it looks like I am way off. Haddock probably never fires his gun at all and I can't really tell about Tintin, only that he fires at the car or tires. I guess Müller is doing all the shooting until his ammo is all gone. Just ignore this answer, and I'll stay away until the next question pops up.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.