Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q193: A lovely answer :)

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

toydreamer
#1 · Posted: 23 Apr 2007 23:58
Q. 193. A lovely answer.

Firstly, just want to compliment everyone on the wicked questions they're posting. Heaps of fun!

Just wondering, is there a list you can join so you get an email update to this trivia challenge forum when a new question has been posted. I usually swing by after questions have been answered. :)

That out of the way... the question. Hope it's hard, but you guys tend to get them in seconds. The answer is a number. Frame's and book would be nice, but not necessary. Sorry about the hardness of the question. Here goes:

Pick! How many?
Borschtisov
#2 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 00:19
Seems hard enough to me. I can't think where to look ... Not sure what that phrase means ... Tried to think of something to do with picking, but ... No dice! Oh, well, I'll just sit this one out ...

(Not sure if this qualifies as an impossible question or not - no offense intended, toydreamer!)
toydreamer
#3 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 00:21
Tough call 10 mins into the question. :)
Borschtisov
#4 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 00:24
I just meant the question phrase is very cryptic.

I think it might be the most vague reference ever given for a question. Not that that's bad! ... Someone smarter than me will probably come along promptly and answer it ...
toydreamer
#5 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 00:47
lol. It does look pretty vague, but i hope it all makes sense to someone. Trying to be tricky on this one. :)

I'm just adding some punctuation to the clue.
marsbar
#6 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 01:39
toydreamer wrote: Just wondering, is there a list you can join so you get an email update to this trivia challenge forum when a new question has been posted.

Grab the Tintin Forums RSS to get informed of updates! :-)
jock123
#7 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 08:16
toydreamer
You'll know what answer i want when you get it.
I have to remind you that the point will be awarded to the first person to give a correct answer, regardless of whether or not it is the answer you wanted.
You cannot ignore answers which are sufficiently correct in meeting the terms of the question just because you didn’t see that solution yourself.
That is why I keep making the point that it is best to set your question with sufficient detail that the answer is unique, or at least that the possibility of other answers is significantly reduced.
toydreamer
#8 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 08:26
Okay. I edited it again. Full stop changed to exclamation mark. And changed the question title a little... if an admin can change it outside of this it would be nice. Hope someone gets it.
tuhatkauno
#9 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 08:38
hi

Still there are plenty of possibilities left. You might get many different answers. I could give some, but I won't, because I believe you after a more exciting solution than i can give now.

I'll keep on thinking. :-/ he, he
tuhatkauno
#10 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 10:34
moi

I'm not satisfied with my answer at all, but I have to answer so that I could concentrate on my work. This question is stuck into my mind and now I'll get rid of it. My answer is:

Bianca gets 23 white roses (Emerald, 56)

There are lot of pickable things, few of them are lovely. Roses are. But still I'm pretty sure the right answer is completely different.

Now it's done.

bye :-)

Emerald, 56

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

This topic is closed.