Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q195: Shot at

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Borschtisov
#1 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 13:22
OK. I hope this question's good. Maybe not to hard, but ...

In which scenes in the books, where Tintin is escaping from his enemies, does he get shot at twice (if its more than twice its not what I'm looking for), and the bullets only miss him by inches (where we actually see the bullet miss him)? ... I'm not looking for just one scene from only one of the books ...

For each scene name the book, and page number(s) ...

I hope this question is clear enough; and not too confusing.
tintinspartan
#2 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 13:46
Firstly, In Tintin And The Congo, he was nearly shot by a rhino on Page 56

Secondly, In The Black Island, he was shot in the skull but the bullet missed the brain by a tiny, molecule. In the same book, he missed a shot when he tried to escape a cave.

Thirdly, He was shot at the shoulder in The Blue Lotus

He escaped enemies while they were shooting in a couple of ocassions:

The Prisoners Of The Sun, Tintin In America, Land of Black Gold, Destination Moon.

Well, I maybe disorganised but let's see how it works.
Borschtisov
#3 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 13:59
Sorry, tintinspartan, but most of your answers don't qualify with what I requested.

I said: ... Tintin is escaping from his enemies ... he get shot at twice ...

In the Tintin in the Congo example he isn't escaping from his enemies, he's just out hunting; also only one bullet misses him.

In The Black Island when he gets shot in the head he wasn't trying to escape from them, he didn't even know they were criminals ...

Same applies for The Blue Lotus example ...

... and your other examples are not specific enough for me to be able to comment on them ...

Sorry, but none of those fit with the criteria of the question ...
Ranko
#4 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 15:29
I've found two, Borschtisov with a debatable third.
(Please excuse page numbers. On two of the three I'm using 3 in 1 numbering)

1. Tintin in America Bobby Smiles V Tintin. Pg 25(3in1) first bullet hits a rock on the ground, second bullet flies overhead as T falls of the cliff

2. The Land of Black Gold Ahmed V Tintin. Pg 54/55(3in1) round of machine gun fire passes T as he seeks shelter in the doorway. Secondly, we see Ahmed fire into the room and we see the bullets hit the boxes of rocket flares.

3. I've just decided it's too debatable. Have a look at pg 54 of Crab to see what I mean. I believe it's Haddock's leg that the first bullet misses (4th frame)

I'll stick with the two, Borschtisov. Nice question, I've spent a pleasant couple of hours looking for examples.

Happy ANZAC day.
Borschtisov
#5 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 15:53
Very good, Ranko, answers 1 & 2 are examples I'm looking for. 3 isn't, as you said; its the Captain's foot.

However, I don't think it qualifies as a full answer.

In the rules it states that if there are more than 3 possible answers to a question, than if a person gets at least 3 right then that counts. And there are more than 3 answers to this question (there's 4) ... Sorry, maybe I should have stated that earlier. Is that going to dock me a point? ... Maybe, as it could be said I didn't state it right in the question ... Anyways, we'll see ... And so if that 3 answers thing holds, than Ranko doesn't get a point because he only answered 2 ...

But if it's found that I didn't set my question right, than Ranko should get the point and next question setting ...

So sorry to everyone if I've messed things up! ... *takes a big gulp*
Ranko
#6 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 16:28
A maximum of 3 answers may be sought per question. If an answer has more possibilities than that, any 3 correct answers from the over-all selection will count as a solution.

Oh dear :-)
I completely forgot this. Even if you'd specified the number of occurences, I'd have still fallen short.
Never mind, next time.
Borschtisov
#7 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 16:38
Not sure what happens now. Out of the 4 possible answers Ranko got 2 of them ... That means there's only two left ... So the next person to answer the remaining examples would come up equal with Ranko in number of right answers ... So, not sure what we're supposed to do at this point. Didn't see anything in the rules about this.
Balthazar
#8 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 16:51
Borschtisov

Sorry, maybe I should have stated that earlier. Is that going to dock me a point?

I don't think you should be docked a point, Borshhtisov, because there was nothing wrong with your question, but I do think (as you suggest might be the case in your own musings) that Ranko has answered the question you set correctly and should win the point.

The rules do indeed state that "a maximum of 3 answers may be sought per question", but not that three answers should always be assumed to be required when no specific number is sought. You didn't seek three answers - you only sought more than one answer (since you asked for "scenes" in the plural). One answer would have been insufficient to answer the question you set, but Ranko's two answers surely meet the criteria of your question perfectly. If you wanted three answers, you needed to say so.

I'm not trying to be critical - I think you'd already half-reached this conclusion yourself by the end of your own posting. But I think Ranko's being too modest in not claiming the point!

We can continue to look for the other two possible answers just for the fun of it, if you like, but I think Ranko's already won it.
Ranko
#9 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 16:58
(Waits expectantly on the edge of his seat...)
Borschtisov
#10 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 17:03
Yes, yes, I agree. The point goes to Ranko!

You can look for the other scenes if you want, or if not I can just state them here if anyone wants to know what the other 2 examples were ...

Anyhow, good work, Ranko!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.