Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin video game: Prisoners of the Sun - how to play

Page  Page 2 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Jyrki21
#11 · Posted: 13 Jun 2004 07:19
You first have to find a lever to turn the engines on. It's somewhere at the far left end of the ship. Then you have to pull a crane lever up the left-hand stairs (dodge the guard by going to the back or front: up and down keys). A doorway will be cleared near the middle of the ship, so go into it. Go through that place till you find a bottle, and pick it up by pressing the down key when you're standing near it.

I'd found the levers alright... the problem is that in the room which gets opened up (because the crate gets lifted), all I can do is turn the light on/off. I'm blocked by a stack of boxes which is too tall to leap over, so I have nothing else to do in that room (except get hit by Chiquito a few times!)

I see the bottle you're talking about; it's at the edge of the room with the bunks, but there's no way to reach it.

Help! How do I get through that opened-up room?
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#12 · Posted: 13 Jun 2004 23:22
You need to push the boxes as you have to do in the very first level.

I forget the keys, but it's something like Right+B or N.

Paul
Jyrki21
#13 · Posted: 14 Jun 2004 02:23
You need to push the boxes as you have to do in the very first level.

Are you sure? I've tried doing what I can, but it seems impossible to pick any of them up, like you do on the first level.

Do you mean the same controls you use to pick things up? 'Cause I've had no luck...

(My keys are different anyway... I'm playing the Super Nintendo version emulated on a Macintosh).

edit: Ah, okay, I did it! I didn't realize you could push boxes (there really need to be some instructions somewhere), as I never did it on the first level. OK, I'm at the condor... all's well! :)
admin
Administrator
#14 · Posted: 14 Jun 2004 07:34
We do not want to have anything illegal going on here, so please do not ask for or distribute pirated software, or anything of the like here.
shahrouh
#15 · Posted: 7 Jul 2004 01:10
Hey, does anybody know how to knock the gun out of the guy's hand at the door. This is the level where Calculus was kidnapped.
Stiletto
#16 · Posted: 7 Jul 2004 02:32
Hi to all you Tintin fans.

This forum appears to be my last hope. I downloaded the ROM for the game "Tintin and the Prisoners of the Sun" to use on my SNES emulator on my Mac. In the very first level, when you get to the part where you have to disarm the gunman whose gun is sticking out the door, how exactly does one go about in doing this? No matter which keys I press and no matter which emulator I use, I cannot seem to get past him, either running out of time or getting shot. Could somebody please offer me some enlightenment?

Stiletto
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#17 · Posted: 7 Jul 2004 03:24
Make sure you picked up the small stick that is lying on the ground some distance back. Use the down arrow to pick it up, I think.

Then crouch below the door and hit 'N' or 'B', I think :)

Paul
Jyrki21
#18 · Posted: 7 Jul 2004 03:24
Seeking help on this game is actually how I came across these forums!

So I'm only too happy to give back. :)

The trick to the problem both of you describe is actually right out of the Seven Crystal Balls itself. It's one of the albums I've read more recently, so I absolutely remembered what to do at this stage.

In the book, Tintin picks up a stick and crawls toward the gunman, then swats the gun out of his hand with the stick.

In the game, you can find the stick more or less around the place where Haddock tells you to go on alone. Just crouch over it to pick it up, and then use one of the buttons to swing it when you get close to the shooter.

Hope that helps!
shahrouh
#19 · Posted: 8 Jul 2004 00:24
Thanks alot, but I wanted to know how to beat the level where you're in a shipyard. I have no clue what to do once I find a crane where a guy says that he needs his tools.
Jyrki21
#20 · Posted: 8 Jul 2004 05:42
After the guy has said that, go back about halfway to the beginning where a man is hammering away at something. You'll get a tool from him, and you can return to the worker who asked for it and give it to him.

Page  Page 2 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!