Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin video game: Prisoners of the Sun - how to play

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

shahrouh
#21 · Posted: 8 Jul 2004 18:40
How do I get up to the man who as that tool, because he is high up on a train?
Jyrki21
#22 · Posted: 9 Jul 2004 04:34
I don't seem to remember having any trouble with that, so let me think... either you climb onto a train car using the 'up' key, or else just sending Tintin into the farthest 'distance' should do it... I remember at one point he runs across the coals being piled up, but that may be on the way back.

Try hitting up, though, to climb onto cars where you can.
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#23 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 09:39
You have to jump up and back along some coal trucks which are further on in the level.

Paul
shahrouh
#24 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 15:16
Thanks a lot for your help guys. I managed to beat the level and a couple after that, but now I'm stuck in the junglle. Zorrino told me to help him cross and I picked up a stick at the end of the level and placed it down for him to step on, but he isn't. What do I do now? There isn't any strategy guide on the web for this game. I don't know why.
Jyrki21
#25 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 19:42
There actually is an online helper, and I fully exploited it, but it's in French only... how's your French?

You can find a copy at:

http://www.gameplayshop.ch/upload/soluces/TINTIN-TEMPLESOL.html

If you need help with the translation, let me know...
shahrouh
#26 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 20:21
Thanks for the help, my sister does know french so i'll ask her. I'm still stuck on the junle leve, but I made Zorrino cross one of te bridges I made. However, he stopped at another bridge and I think he will do that throughout the entire level until the end. Do you know what I have to do a the second bridge that he stops at?
shahrouh
#27 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 22:28
Do you know how to translate this from French to English?

2- Zorrino reste bloqué devant un tronc d'arbre penché et une souche sur sa droite; Il faut pousser la souche de droite àgauche.
3-Zorrino reste bloqué devant deux souches. Il faut sauter sur la branche à droite de manière à ce qu'elle se mette sur la souche de gauche. Lorsque Zorrino commence à traverser, sautez de nouveau sur la branche pour lui permettre de rejoindre la souche de droite.
4-Zorrino est devant un souche d'arbre penchée; sautez sur le bout de la souche pour la casser.
5-Zorrino reste bloqué devant deux souches. Sur la droite un arbre. Tintin doit monter à l'arbre et sauter sur une des branches de l'arbre pour la casser et l a faire tomber entre les deux souches.
6-Zorrino est devant une souche sur laquelle repose une branche, il faut pousser la souche de droite à gauche.
7-Zorrino reste bloqué devant deux souches à cause des insectes. Il faut aller à droite et forcer le fourmilier à venir manger les insectes.
8-Zorrino est devant un arbre couché sur la droite. Il faut sauter sur le bout de l'arbre.
9-Juste après le même arbre, attendez que Zorrino arrive sur cet arbre et sauter sur le bout de l'arbre.
10- Zorrino est devant un souche d'arbre penchée; sautez sur le bout de la souche pour la casser.
11- C'est l'obstacle le plus difficile.
Zorrino reste bloqué devant une souche d'arbre couchée sur la droite. Il faut sauter sur le bout de la souche. Mais juste après Zorrino reste bloqué devant deux pierres. Tintin doit aller à droite. A droite il y a deux souches séparées par un trou et un arbre sur la droite. Il faut monter dans l 'arbre et sauter sur la branche. Prenez la branche tombée à terre. Déposez ensuite cette branche entre les deux souches de gauche. Traversez et reprenez la branche que vous allez mettre entre les pierres evant lesquelles se tient Zorrino. Une fois que Zorrino a traversé, reprenez la branche et reposez-la entre les deux souches.
Thanks
Jyrki21
#28 · Posted: 12 Jul 2004 00:45
2- Zorrino reste bloqué devant un tronc d'arbre penché et une souche sur sa droite; Il faut pousser la souche de droite à gauche.

Push the stump from right to left.

3-Zorrino reste bloqué devant deux souches. Il faut sauter sur la branche à droite de manière à ce qu'elle se mette sur la souche de gauche. Lorsque Zorrino commence à traverser, sautez de nouveau sur la branche pour lui permettre de rejoindre la souche de droite.

Tip the lever-like branch so that Zorrino can start crossing it. When he's begun crossing, jump on it again to tip it the other way so he can reach the far stump safely.

4-Zorrino est devant un souche d'arbre penchée; sautez sur le bout de la souche pour la casser.

Jump on the end of the tilted branch to break it.

5-Zorrino reste bloqué devant deux souches. Sur la droite un arbre. Tintin doit monter à l'arbre et sauter sur une des branches de l'arbre pour la casser et la faire tomber entre les deux souches.

Climb the tree and jump onto a branch to break it, so it can fall between the two stumps.

6-Zorrino est devant une souche sur laquelle repose une branche, il faut pousser la souche de droite à gauche.

Push the stump from right to left.

7-Zorrino reste bloqué devant deux souches à cause des insectes. Il faut aller à droite et forcer le fourmilier à venir manger les insectes.

Force the anteater to the left to eat the insects.

8-Zorrino est devant un arbre couché sur la droite. Il faut sauter sur le bout de l'arbre.

Jump on the end of the tree.

9-Juste après le même arbre, attendez que Zorrino arrive sur cet arbre et sauter sur le bout de l'arbre.

Just after the same tree, wait for Zorrino to come onto it, and jump on the end of the tree.

10- Zorrino est devant un souche d'arbre penchée; sautez sur le bout de la souche pour la casser.

Jump on the end of the tilted tree to break it.

11- C'est l'obstacle le plus difficile.
Zorrino reste bloqué devant une souche d'arbre couchée sur la droite. Il faut sauter sur le bout de la souche. Mais juste après Zorrino reste bloqué devant deux pierres. Tintin doit aller à droite. A droite il y a deux souches séparées par un trou et un arbre sur la droite. Il faut monter dans l 'arbre et sauter sur la branche. Prenez la branche tombée à terre. Déposez ensuite cette branche entre les deux souches de gauche. Traversez et reprenez la branche que vous allez mettre entre les pierres evant lesquelles se tient Zorrino. Une fois que Zorrino a traversé, reprenez la branche et reposez-la entre les deux souches.

This is the most difficult obstacle. Zorrino is blocked in front of a tree-stump lying on the right. You have to jump on the end of the stump. But just afterward Zorrino is blocked between two rocks. Tintin has to go to the right. There he will find two stumps separated by a hole and a tree to the right. He must climb the tree and jump on the branch. Take the fallen branch from the ground. Place this branch between the two stumps to the left. Cross and pick the branch back up, and put it between the rocks which have Zorrino trapped. Once Zorrino has crossed, take the branch again and put it back between the stumps.

Hope that helps... I'm not 100% certain that the writer of this guide has every last detail right, but you'll notice certain themes (placing branches between stuff, pushing tree stumps) which you'll be able to try in every location.
shahrouh
#29 · Posted: 12 Jul 2004 23:52
Thanks so much for your help. I moved a lot further again and I see the end in sight. I'm having trouble with the waterfall level though, because I got to the area with the two logs, one on top of another, but when I reached the top log, I don't know where to go from there. The only place that leads upwards is a piece of rock with water pouring down from the top. I tried jumping on it but I can't seem to reach it. Do you know what to do? Here's what the website tells me.
Acte 14
La chute.
Allez à droite vers le tronc d'arbre près de la cascade. Montez sur la gauche jusqu'aux deux troncs l'un au dessus de l'autre. Montez ensuite sur la droite jusqu'à un autre tronc d’arbre près de la cascade. A partir de là, montez sur la gauche et poussez la grosse pierre.
Grâce à la pierre, allez à gauche puis montez tout de suite en direction de la droite, vous allez croiser un petit tronc d'arbre près de la cascade qu'il faut pousser afin de le coincer contre une pierre. Montez ensuite toujours en restant sur la droite. Vous voyez un second petit tronc d’arbre qu’il faut pousser (il y a un bonus temps sur ce tronc d’arbre), puis montez sur le tronc et faites un grand saut en direction de la cascade au milieu de la cascade vers le rocher, puis un autre grand saut de nouveau vers la droite pour atteindre l’autre côté de la cascade. Descendez, plus bas vous croisez un rocher (au milieu de la cascade) sur lequel vous
récupérez une corde. Retournez en haut à gauche vers le dernier bout de bois que vous avez poussé. Faites de nouveau un grand saut sur le rocher et allez à droite, Tintin accrochera tout seul la corde à l'arbre et traversera en direction de la sortie.
Jyrki21
#30 · Posted: 13 Jul 2004 04:51
I remember that the website actually isn't very clear about this part.

The key, as far as I remember, is to jump onto the rocks in the middle of the waterfall and pick up the rope. Once you have that, go back to the mountainside, climb a little higher (until you see another tree-stump like one you'd already found below), and push the stump to the right so that it hangs over the water a little farther.

From there you can run and jump to the other side, and the game will take it from there.

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!