Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Les Elfes de Moulinsart - by Harry Edwood

tamandua
#1 · Posted: 18 Mar 2006 21:29
The Elves of Marlinspike is a short story which Harry Edwood drew some time ago. I do not think that he is drawing a whole album?

Do you have any newer informations, SingingGandalf? I have not found a sign of life from Harry Edwood since 2004 so it would be great to hear something new.
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 19 Mar 2006 14:46
The title of this story in French is actually “Les Elfes de Moulinsart”. The English equivalent could be ‘elves’ or ‘elfs’ as both are used in the plural.

Usually the rule in English is that the plural of words ending in ‘f’ (or ‘fe’) use a ‘ve’; shelf, shelves; wolf, wolves, etc. I know that Tolkien was the first to use ‘dwarves’ as the plural of ‘dwarf’. Is it possible the elf plural can also be ascribed to him?

Why can't those little pixies stick to the rules, eh...?
SingingGandalf
#3 · Posted: 19 Mar 2006 17:31
Why can't those little pixies stick to the rules, eh...?
LOL
I LOVE elementals, so I am really looking forward to this pastiche. So far I have only seen 2 covers and some images. Has anyone seen it completed (of course, you can't say where), but it will give me hope. I think it keeps in touch with Herge's books as it has the magical element which Herge often used. I will be so dissapointed if it turns out to be a mirage or something. Oh, and does Harry Edwards still have a website (with no linking to it of course)?
tamandua
#4 · Posted: 20 Mar 2006 20:12
I have not seen it completed and I highly doubt that Edwood ever drew more than a few pages of which some never occured on the net. You are absolutley right, his drawings are fantastic... but unfortunately, he seems to have stopped producing more pages. At least he does not show them on the net any more. His website was shut down last year, probably because Moulinsart contacted him.
You can still find some of his covers and a few pages on the net and I know that there are a couple of covers which never occured on the net, but I fear he will not show his work to the public any more. Otherwise, he would have probably done it by now, don't you think? The seven pages from 'Voice of the lagoon' are two years old and nothing new occurs.
I already asked in another thread: Does anyone know something new?

This topic is closed.