Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Your favourite Tintin collection piece

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tonto
#1 · Posted: 22 May 2006 12:29
With so many different items which, in your collection, is your favourite?

Mine would have to be one of the watches that I own, probably an old pocket watch that was a recent birthday present depicting an image from the Land of Black Gold, with Tintin, Snowy, The Thompsons and Muller in the jeep driving across the desert.

What's yours?
Tintin and Snowy
#2 · Posted: 23 May 2006 23:46
My favorite would be my Tintin T-shirt that shows Tintin walking, then jogging, then running. Under the three Tintins are Tintin and Snowy in three different languages. I also like my Blue Lotus T-shirt!
Tintin Quiz
#3 · Posted: 28 May 2006 01:02
I guess that would have to be my Tintin in Tibet in Tibetan, a gift from my son.
rodney
#4 · Posted: 20 Jan 2010 01:29
Moved from another thread

Hi All,

Just thought this may be a fun thread to discuss (sorry if it has already been discussed but could not see anything similar!)

Put simply, what is your most prized possession or two which you are most proud to have in your collection? It does not have to be the most valuable just items which you know your fortunate to have which may separate your collection from the norm.
It would be interesting to see what great items we all have out there!

Mine are:

* 'Double Trouble' and 'Two of a Kind' in mint condition
* 2 sets of 'Making of Tintin - Cigars/Lotus' with their original receipts

Who's next?

Moderator Note: You can use the forum search link (top right, under the general search box), to look for threads; for example, searching on “collection” in titles found this pre-existing thread almost at once.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 20 Jan 2010 05:08
My English cloth-bound copies of Tintin in the Land of the Soviets - (printed in 1998) and Tintin in the Congo - (printed in 1991) before they were reprinted in the early to mid-2000's (1 copy of each). At the time (early 1999 to late mid-2000's) each of these were quite rare. I searched high and low for them over several years. Over 50 online new and second-hand/rare book shops (most said they had them in-stock but when I emailed them to confirm, they didn't have any) and 10 or so shops shops in real life. I found them available at two different French websites (Amazon.fr and Culturesurf.fr and had to use BabelFish translator to buy them. For these reasons they have a special place in my collection.
hagen8
#6 · Posted: 28 Jan 2010 13:37
My favorite Tintin collection piece is a 1950's metal advertising sign for "Les Albums Tintin, Casterman" and has Tintin, Snowy, and Haddock running beneath the words on a blue background.
I have an unsigned pencil sketch from Herge Studios that I want to believe is attributed to Herge, but I think it's more likely from the hand of Bob De Moor. Wishful thinking.
laloga
#7 · Posted: 31 Jan 2010 13:26
My mom got a poster of The Castafiore Emerald for me many years ago for xmas-it's just the cover of the book in French, but one of the few non-book Tintin pieces that I own. Also, my brother went to Brussels last year and brought me back a tin of Tintin chocolate: a round tin with a scene from The Seven Crystal Balls on the cover, filled with yummy Belgian chocolate. I tried to save the chocolate, but, you know......it was delicious!
MrCutts
#8 · Posted: 2 Feb 2010 03:17
I have two books which I'm proud to own. I have Tintin and the Golden Fleece (the movie book) which I bought about 25 years ago and the other book I was pleased to buy last year was the Golden Press edition of the Secret of the Unicorn with a very near perfect spine. These books are my favourites at the moment but I also cherish the books I got in the Seventies as a kid. I'm also liking my collection of plastic figures. I'm still trying to complete some sets of figures but I have a range of them from Bully to Plastoy.
cannyb
#9 · Posted: 12 May 2010 19:30
Mine would have to be my 4ft reproduction of Jean-Marie Pigeon's La Grande Jarre Lotus Bleu.
I bought this item from eBay several years ago, and, after much communication with Sol3, the company that produced the edition of Pigeon's work, I was invited over to Paris to have my piece examined by Jean-Marie himself.
Sadly, but not regrettably, mine turned out to be a copy.
Monsieur Pigeon and his editor were disappointed with this result, but as we had traveled over from the UK solely for the examination, myself and my partner were invited up to his studio.
What we were shown there will remain with me forever, many of his original works that will never be seen by the public and several pieces that he says will never be finished.
We left, and traveled back through Paris safe in the knowledge that the item in the back of the car wasn't worth £70k!
In all it was an adventure worthy of our intrepid reporter himself, and my "Jarre" shall remain in my possession now until my dying days.
Abdullah007
#10 · Posted: 18 May 2010 03:03
rodney:
* 'Double Trouble' and 'Two of a Kind' in mint condition

What are these?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!