Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Your favourite Tintin collection piece

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

snowybella
#11 · Posted: 10 Jan 2018 23:54
So far, my most treasured Tintin possesions are...

...a jar, with 7 perfect condition Tintin models (and 2 Rupert the Bear figurines) inside, which you can read more about here. I read the "A Recent Price Surge in Tintin Collectibles?" thread, and if MrCutts (post #9) is correct and my Thom(p)sons figures are made by Bullyland (or "Bully", if they are the same company), then "by Tintin's Quiff!". The only problem is that they stink of tobacco (to the point that Snowy has become Yellowy and not Snowy), which is the reason why they are in a jar, and nobody knows why they smell...

Therefore, a treasured Tintin possesion made even more treasured by that forum member's post.

I also own an old second-hand The Eruption of Karamako Jo, Zette and Jocko book in French, which I do care about. The reason is because it's wider and taller than my other French Jo, Zette and Jocko books, and what's written on the back is different too! For example, on my Manitoba No Reply book, it doesn't have Hergé's (printed, therefore unfourtunately unauthentic) signature on the top middle of the "The Adventures of Tintin" line, while my Karamako does. The latter also has the Archives Hergé line and all three Tintin au Cinema books, while Manitoba doesn't, implying the unfourtunate 6 books are out-of-print...

----------------

Abdullah007:
rodney: * 'Double Trouble' and 'Two of a Kind' in mint condition What are these?

I highly doubt Abdullah007 will return after the 8-7 years he posted this, and see this post, but Double Trouble and Two of a Kind are in the Quick & Flupke series, other characters that Herge made. You can see them, along with the Thom(p)sons, in the "departure" frame in The Shooting Star (can't be bothered to manually walk to my bookshelf, pull out the book, then walk back...). One of the children has a black beret (Quick), and the other (Flupke) has blonde hair and wears a scarf.

laloga:
Also, my brother went to Brussels last year and brought me back a tin of Tintin chocolate: a round tin with a scene from The Seven Crystal Balls on the cover, filled with yummy Belgian chocolate. I tried to save the chocolate, but, you know......it was delicious!

By Tintin's Quiff!
number1fan
#12 · Posted: 16 Jan 2018 20:58
Mine has to be The Black Island, 1943 version. It's my favorite album.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!