Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Golden Fleece & Blue Oranges: Are they coming out on DVD? [Locked]

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

denwb
#11 · Posted: 27 May 2006 13:15
Does any one know where I can get a copy of Tintin and the Golden Fleece or The Blue Oranges (the non animated movies) with English subtitles? My darling wife-to-be is desperate to see them.

I was hoping to locate one or other of these films as a special present for wedding (29th July). Please someone help me!
labrador road 26
#12 · Posted: 28 May 2006 05:04
I might be able to help you aquire the two films [Blue Orange, and Golden Fleece] with french speech and swedish subtitles on dvd. Send me an email and I'll try to help you and your wife.
jockosjungle
#13 · Posted: 28 May 2006 08:37
They are available from Amazon.fr but only in French with no English.

I have just ordered a set for myself from Amazon.fr, the marketplace has them for about 11 euros new each. I've finally given up on seeing them in English any time soon!

If she just wants to see the films for novelty value this is probably the easiest way, but unless you speak good french you won't understand.

Speaking of which, would it not be possible for us tintinologists to make an unofficial translation of the film? Sort of like they do for Opera? We could watch the film and still have an idea of what is going on!

Rik
denwb
#14 · Posted: 29 May 2006 17:37
Thanks to all for help.
However I have heard from various sources that possibly Golden Fleece was transmitted by BBC in 1970/80s... Any ideas if available?

Also read somewhere that an English/ French version was released in Canada with dual language (1/2), and that, although Tintin's voice, being of an American accent, was hard to get used to at first, it did become tolerable.
Captain Haddock and the rest were fine, apparently.
Any truth in this?

Moderator Note: Hi! It would make your post easier to read if when typing you used upper- and lower-case letters and standard punctuation, etc.; bear in mind that English isn't the first language of many of our readers, so every little helps! Your message has been altered accordingly.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
Richard
UK Correspondent
#15 · Posted: 29 May 2006 18:00
denwb
Also read somewhere that an English/ French version was released in Canada with dual language (1/2)

I think that refers to the 1990s TV series which was a France/Canada co-production. There's been no official release with an English translation yet.
Nitnit
#16 · Posted: 30 May 2006 14:39
My brother has a copy of 'Tintin and the Golden Fleece' that was broadcast here in Australia. It has english subtitles and it is an excellent movie. It is really funny and the characters seem so right. Unlike the dire animated adventures (for which I have no fondness) the 'Golden Fleece' adventure leaves one wanting more. It is amazing to see Tintin and his friends brought to life. The fact that it was made in the 1960's when the Tintin books were produced only helps to create the perfect visuals for the film. It is a rare treat and one that really should be released on DVD with english subtitles so that many more fans can enjoy this little seen treasure.
It truly is a Tintin book brought to life.

My brother also has a copy of 'Blue Oranges' but only in French. I do not speak French and thus I understood little of the dialogue. It is quite apparent however just by watching the film that 'Blue Oranges' is a poor sequel to 'Golden Fleece'. 'Blue Oranges is much more slapstick and there seems to be a lot more running around in the film. I truly hope that I am mistaken, however to anyone watching these films for the first time I say this...really enjoy the 'Golden Fleece' when you watch it because odds are you will be dissapointed by 'Blue Oranges'.

If anyone is interested in knowing the details of the TV Network which broadcast 'Golden Fleece' here in Australia, or any other information, please post a message.
jock123
#17 · Posted: 31 May 2006 12:12
Nitnit
My brother has a copy of 'Tintin and the Golden Fleece' that was broadcast here in Australia. It has english subtitles
That’s interesting that it was shown sub-titled into English; when the BBC broadcast it, they used a dubbed version.

Do you know if these titles looked as if they were put on by the broadcaster, or if they appeared to be on the print (you may not be able to tell, of course)?
Harrock n roll
#18 · Posted: 31 May 2006 12:36
Thanks Nitnit! I'd also be interested to know whether the MT/LLC translation was used - are the detectives called the Dupond(t)s or Thom(p)sons, and is the professor a Calculus or a Tournesol?
scott maclachlan
#19 · Posted: 6 Dec 2006 08:53
Does anyone know how to get hold of these on DVD with English subtitles?? I remember seeing the latter as a child and have searched high and low for them but to no avail. Any ideas?
jock123
#20 · Posted: 6 Dec 2006 09:30
Hi Scott, welcome to the forums!

Sorry, no, the two live-action films have never been released on DVD with English subtitles (or dubbed for that matter), so your search is indeed fruitless.

However, it is not to say that they won’t get a release some day!

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

This topic is closed.