Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Golden Fleece & Blue Oranges: Are they coming out on DVD? [Locked]

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

tintinman
#31 · Posted: 25 Apr 2007 06:32
Well labradorroad26 showed us all to look before you jump.
deadmouse
#32 · Posted: 11 Jun 2007 18:14
Sorry, I'm new to this site, so you've probably discussed this to death, but is there any way to get hold of the movie Tintin et le mystère de la Toison d'Or?
I've checked this site through and there's no mention of it...
Have I blasphemed? Is it so terrible that I will be disowned by the forum, or have I just over looked it?
Saw it when I was a kid, nostalgic memories and all.
jock123
#33 · Posted: 12 Jun 2007 22:25
deadmouse:
Have I blasphemed? Is it so terrible that I will be disowned by the forum, or have I just over looked it?

Hi, deadmouse! Welcome aboard! No, you haven't blasphemed, as such, but copying and pasting of your own thread title into the box on the forum search page (link top right) gets four hits, and you'll find that using Golden Fleece gets you more.
The potted answer is, yes, you can get the films in French on DVD, and no, it isn't available in English*.

*Correct at time of original writing, but now out of date! Widely available in English, in fantastic quality with English-language sound, from the BFI! Sequel "Tintin and the Blue Oranges" is also available.
Rocky
#34 · Posted: 9 Oct 2007 12:50
You may be interested to know that the two 1960s Tintin films (The Golden Fleece and The Blue Oranges) are being released by Umbrella Entertainment in Australia on 5th November 2007, allegedly with English & French soundtracks and English subtitles.
Rocky
Harrock n roll
#35 · Posted: 9 Oct 2007 16:25
Wow, that's great news! I hope it really has the English soundtracks (and not just subtitles). I just looked at the Umbrella Entertainment website and it does indeed mention that they're due for release in November.
Rocky
#36 · Posted: 9 Oct 2007 17:37
Harrock n Roll, you can find more details at online shops such as www.ezydvd.com.au and www.devoteddvd.com.au
Perhaps Australian members can advise us of other online shops.
number1fan
#37 · Posted: 9 Oct 2007 19:27
That is brilliant news. Hope they're avaliable to buy here in the U.K.
If not I will get them from "Down Under", seeing as they haven't been shown on T.V. here since 1973.
Tintinrulz
#38 · Posted: 10 Oct 2007 01:43
It's about time! Thanks for the good news. I've heard Blue Oranges isn't so great but I'll be getting the Golden Fleece one.

Ezydvd.com.au and DevotedtoDvd.com.au are the only two sites with it listed at the moment.
Other sites that may list it later are: Sanity.com.au and JBHiFiOnline.com.au
number1fan
#39 · Posted: 10 Oct 2007 08:43
Will I be able to buy them from an Australian website?
Is their currency the same as U.S. dollars?
george
#40 · Posted: 10 Oct 2007 09:15
I'm sure you'll be able to buy them from an Australian site should they become available, though I'd imagine having a credit card would be essential.

Australia is a different country to the USA and therefore has its own currency.

George

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

This topic is closed.