Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Golden Fleece & Blue Oranges: Are they coming out on DVD? [Locked]

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

timh
#51 · Posted: 7 Dec 2007 04:19
Does anyone have any comparison pics between the Australian and Swedish DVDs? I got my R4 copy of Golden Fleece today (Blue Oranges is still on the way), and the picture quality wasn't brilliant, but watchable none-the-less. Just curious to see what the Swedish DVD's picture quality is like.
Triskeliae
#52 · Posted: 17 Mar 2008 03:29
The Canadian DVD's are only in French and have no subtitles. I bought them through Amazon to practice my basic French and because I'm a hard-core Tintin Fan. It took me a while, but I got the idea of the films. I must say, 'The Golden Fleece' is superior to 'The Blue Oranges'. But I enjoyed both. Jean-Pierre Talbot played a great Tintin.
Sapristi
#53 · Posted: 31 Mar 2008 23:40
Triskeliae wrote:
Jean-Pierre Talbot played a great Tintin.

He did didn't he, and does anyone know if he did his own stunts?

And I thought Georges Wilson played a brilliant Captain Haddock, especially when he was booming out his insults in their full French glory!

"Vermicelles! ....Ectoplasmes!"
Triskeliae
#54 · Posted: 1 Apr 2008 01:23
Sapristi wrote:
does anyone know if he did his own stunts?

That I ask myself too! Maybe he did a few, but I doubt that the film makers would let him climb down all the Rumelishe Tower, in Turkey. When 'Tintin' is in the middle of the climb, that is a long- shot take, so...

What he sure did was the fighting scene in the Golden Fleece cabin, and I loved his moves. I think that's Savate fighting style!

Sapristi wrote:
Georges Wilson played a brilliant Captain Haddock, especially when he was booming out his insults in their full French glory!

George Wilson played Haddock to perfection, so did the actor who played Prof. Calculus!
Sapristi
#55 · Posted: 1 Apr 2008 21:05
Oh yes; can't forget old Cuthbert!

The Thompsons were great too as well come to think of it; not just as the comic relief, but also how they were uncannily in sync with one another in the way they moved and acted.

Its such a great film, its bright and sunny; a perfect summer holiday kids film; like the kind Disney used to do at around that time in the sixties.
And thats another thing; the film has 'aged' well because it was made at the same time as the books. For example, the cars in the background scenes i see as 'Tintin' cars, because i see that same style in the later albums (ie:Calculus Affair onwards).

And it does something that all Tintin books make me want to do; which is to go to where it's set.
Triskeliae
#56 · Posted: 2 Apr 2008 23:30
You said it! :)

I just saw this film a couple of months ago. I used to read Geographic magazines years ago. I had an old one that talked about Meteora, Greece. The area with the steep mountais were the monasteries are! I always wanted to go there or see an adventure story there! And then I saw 'Tintin and The Golden Fleece', and there he goes! Same happened with Rumelishe Castle! The film covered places I'd love to visit or see in a fiction story!
Sapristi
#57 · Posted: 6 Apr 2008 22:36
Nice one!

The guy who wrote it must have thought the same thing all those years ago, and not only that; knew what made a great Tintin adventure.
Triskeliae
#58 · Posted: 6 Apr 2008 22:50
The producers definitely knew how the keep the essence of the books and the chracters. Of course, this film was made with Herge's approval.
timh
#59 · Posted: 9 Apr 2008 07:58
Just wondering if is this the 'clearer' version of the DVD previously described in this thread:
http://www.mediadis.com/video/detail.asp?id=165908

I'm trying to track down copies of the films with better picture quality

Content edited to remove reference to copyright infringement.

Moderator Note: Sorry, but we try to avoid any suggestion of unauthorized copying of material - it will keep the site squeaky clean, and avoid us being shut down!
The Tintinologist Team
timh
#60 · Posted: 13 Apr 2008 13:55
No problems, completely understandable - I don't want you guys to shut down either! :). I really wasn't trying to suggest anything illegit - sorry about that!

So yeah, if anyone knows whether the above link is for DVDs that provide a cleaner picture than the Aussie ones, I'd be very interested to know. I ordered something else from that site recently and didn't have any problems, so if the French DVDs are considerably better, I might just order the DVDs through them. Enjoyed the movies considerably more than I expected, but the picture quality of the R4 releases was a little off-putting. Still, can't complain - at least they were subtitled.

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

This topic is closed.