Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Plastic covers for Tintin books?

Tintin Noob
#1 · Posted: 19 Mar 2008 17:59
Hello. I have a nice collection of tintin books. I plan on keeping them for a very long time. But over time they will get dirty and may lose shape or color. So does anyone know of a perfect size plastic wrap that will fit. Or where i can find them? Please let me know. The normal comic book covers will not fit.
Tintin Noob
#2 · Posted: 17 Jan 2010 18:47
Guys,

I have the complete 4 book set of the making of tintin in perfect un opened condition. The books will be sitting on a bok shelf. Where can I find plastic covering for this size book?

Anyone know?
jock123
#3 · Posted: 17 Jan 2010 20:13
I can’t say I’ve ever thought of putting covers on my books myself, so I don’t actually know, and based on the fact that there were no responses the last time you asked, I guess that not many others here do.
However, I’d suggest that you ask at your local library where they get the covers that they use for things (well, that is to say the local libraries that I use tend to put covers on books, so perhaps yours does too).
glendale
#4 · Posted: 18 Jan 2010 03:27
In days gone by when I was at school we purchased plastic sheeting by the roll to cover our school books as we had to hand them on to the next kids. I would think this still works.
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 18 Jan 2010 11:33
glendale
In days gone by when I was at school we purchased plastic sheeting by the roll to cover our school books as we had to hand them on to the next kids. I would think this still works

Luxury! We had to make do with old wallpaper or newspaper. :-)
Tintin Noob
#6 · Posted: 18 Jan 2010 14:58
jock123
#7 · Posted: 18 Jan 2010 18:53
That looks useful, TN - you’re probably onto something there. Let us know how they work out.

Looking around, I found the manufacturer of a cover on one of my library books - they make slip-over jackets, rather than bags, which mean that you can read the book without removing the plastic cover.
BigFudge
#8 · Posted: 14 Oct 2022 05:21
I recently got my hands on a full set of paperback Tintin albums in excellent condition. Really want these to last and keep them in the family so did a little research and landed on some A4 book covers. They fit like a glove, but be careful with dimensions as I tried some other "A4" sleeves that were slightly too small to allow the album covers to flatten perfectly.

For those in Australia, the ones I purchased were the Brilliant Basics A4 Book Covers 5 Pack from Big W (so 5 sleeves for $5).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!