Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin: Young Reader Editions

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#1 · Posted: 4 Apr 2011 00:17
I spotted these on Amazon and found a little information. Due in May and July, the US publisher Little, Brown is initially releasing four titles (Cigars of the Pharaoh, The Blue Lotus, The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure) in a smaller format to usual (9"x6"), featuring character biographies and additional pages documenting the history of Tintin, original sketches, reference photos etc.

Source & further information: Hachette Book Group International.

Edit: Although the press release details those four titles, Tintin in America is also listed on Amazon.
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 4 Apr 2011 16:52
Wow! That's really good - I hope we get something of that caliber in the UK.
I wonder if they will be like the Making of... books?
catchgops
#3 · Posted: 21 Apr 2011 21:29
Sorry, if this has been discussed earlier. I searched through the forums and did not find a mention.

What's with these covers for The Shooting Star and The Crab with the Golden Claws?

I have never seen them before.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 22 Apr 2011 00:15
It appears from the product description that they are the new “young reader” editions which Richard mentioned above, so your post has been moved here - although you’re the first person to mention these new covers (presumably to make them sufficiently different from the regular albums).
catchgops
#5 · Posted: 22 Apr 2011 02:26
Okay, this explains it. But there's still something strange. If you follow this link.you will see 8 titles listed under Tintin Young Reader's Edition - all of them are 96 pages are future releases. But, the Shooting Star and Crab with the Golden Claws are listed with 62 pages and no 'Young Reader edition' tag, but still have these new-format covers.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 22 Apr 2011 10:35
Well, that sounds more like an Amazon web-site admin thing to me than anything else, and not very significant - it probably means that they have been working from advanced publicity material, which sometimes isn't very accurate (for example, they advertised a colour, 62 page version of Soviets based on an ambiguously worded publicity piece - it never existed).

Until these books come out, I'd take anything on there with a pinch of salt.
catchgops
#7 · Posted: 22 Apr 2011 19:40
I ordered The Shooting Star and received it today. It has the same old cover. Now to ask Amazon for a refund.
number1fan
#8 · Posted: 23 Apr 2011 10:57
Thats really bad.I once purchased what i thought was a Golden Press version of The Crab with the Golden Claws.But it was a normal edition.
number1fan
#9 · Posted: 25 Apr 2011 14:12
catchgops
#10 · Posted: 6 May 2011 19:07
Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure Young Reader Editions are now available. Got my copies yesterday.

They are the size of typical super hero trade paperbacks in the US. The additional informational pages are really oriented at young readers and doesn't have anything new for tintinologists who have devoured all the Benoit Peeters, Michael Farr books. Nevertheless, cute additions to any Tintin-lover's collection.

Also the back page has cover images for the 10 titles that are being released in this format. In addition to the 8 that can be seen on Amazon, the two additions are Crab With the Golden Claws and Shooting Star.

Well, turns out that the images that Amazon has for the regular editions were mixed up from these. The regular editions continue to have the older covers.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!