Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin et Moi: 75th Anniversary DVD set missing bonus disk in Australia?

toybox
#1 · Posted: 4 Nov 2004 03:34
I have seen the boxed set in stores here in Australia for 65 dollars, and I understand that this contains all the animated episodes which were shown on ABC TV here.
What I am wondering is how I can get the box set (region 4 PAL) which includes the Hergé documentary in stores here, because I don't wish to pay 150 plus dollars for a region 1 or 2 version on Ebay!
It says on Amazon that the first 500 customers get the documentary, which is a little unfair, and confusing! First 500 from which region?
Is the first 500 offer available to Australian consumers too?
Any help is appreciated.

Moderator Note: While it can be frustrating, the fact the additional disc was a "bonus" in one area of the world from one distributor, doesn't mean that the same offer will be repeated elsewhere, or open to people in other regions; this offer was definitely intended for R2 sets, and only as a limited "early-bird" offer to get people to buy early.
It isn't part of the set proper, nor is it "missing" from other sets.
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 4 Nov 2004 10:21
I've heard on the grapevine that Anchor Bay were asked to withdraw the documentary with the set.
Moulinsart were unhappy that they hadn't consulted with them first, and deemed it unsuitable to be included with a set that is essentially a children's release, allegedly.

This topic is closed.