Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Change.org Petition: Please release new Tintin adventures

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Mountain45
#11 · Posted: 4 Jul 2021 17:07
jock123
Hello, sorry, I assumed that the comment was taken down since it was not approved. Posting this was a mistake. Sorry.

-Mountain45
jock123
#12 · Posted: 5 Jul 2021 08:37
Mountain45:
I assumed that the comment was taken down since it was not approved.

Which comment? I'm not aware of any comment being taken down, and I've not done so myself; did something not come through.

Mountain45:
Posting this was a mistake. Sorry.

I'm sorry you feel that way; we've simply been trying to engage you in discussion about your project, and to understand your motives.
Just because there are differences of opinion doesn't mean that things shouldn't be talked about.
mct16
#13 · Posted: 20 Jul 2021 19:31
Mountain45
Which part of the world are you in?

If you live in England then maybe you could try your local library. You could find "Blake & Mortimer" and other such comics either among the Tintins and Asterixs or in the graphic novel section which would include DC and Marvel.

If you cannot find any then ask the librarian to check in other libraries in the same branch. You may get lucky.
Mountain45
#14 · Posted: 28 Jul 2021 20:18
mct16
Sorry, for the late reply. I found it.
mct16
#15 · Posted: 31 Jul 2021 15:42
Well done. Which one was it?
Reydeltin1234
#16 · Posted: 7 Sep 2021 02:32
Yes, you have right about that Hergé did not wanted anybody to continue with Tintin and Fanny Rodwell did respect that.
For that reason Moulinsart will not allow official new albums with Tintin.
But if they don't release a new Tintin album in 2052, then they will lose their Tintin right and Tintin will go to public domain.

And I think we are many fans who wish new Tintin adventures.
Because we have all read the same old Tintin stories made by Hergé tons of time. So we are missing new adventures with Tintin.

But if Moulinsart release their new Tintin album in 2052, then many of us would probably not live that day.
Mountain45
#17 · Posted: 19 Mar 2023 19:28
Hello again, it's been a while since I posted on this thread.

I still have been thinking about it though.

While I won't do anything, I have still left the petition up and I have been waiting for it to get more signees. And it has.

So since it marks 40 years of Hergé's passing, I have been starting to wonder if it would be best to leave things as they are. I still keep checking updates for Tintin since it is great to know that people still acknowledge a hero and to celebrate him.

It was that deep-heartened feeling of knowing that something was going to end and to never see it again. My cause for reviving Tintin was to alleviate that feeling and to expect to see a unique type of storytelling that will be like no other. I think the beloved characters still deserve to have updates and to have loyal fans as to know that Tintin was special and that he feels alive.

Every time I read near to a later Tintin adventure, the sadness from the nostalgia starts to increase and so does the heart-sinking acknowledgement of Hergé's story coming to an end. It still pains be to be near Tintin and to not see him.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!