Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Figurines: Tintin and Snowy on a Barrel

Busby
#1 · Posted: 25 Jan 2024 12:26
I have a wooden Tintin figure with dog sat on a barrel, how do I value such an item?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 28 Jan 2024 14:19
Hi, Busby!
It's going to be difficult to know how to answer this without a bit more information. There have been many many models of Tintin and Snowy over the years in all sorts of materials, both officially and un-offically.

One of the longest running and most popular series of official Tintin figures were wooden ones from a French company called Aroutcheff, but I can't find anything about a model done with a barrel.

Similarly, there are a lot of unofficial carved statues from Africa which might include such a thing (but I can't find any reference on that either), but they aren't really something we cover here.

Can you provide a link to a picture of your figures (uploaded to an image sharing site), plus other information such as where you got it, how long you've had it, what size is it, etc. which would give us more to go on.

As I said, we can only deal with official merchandise here, so it might be that with the extra detail we can't take it much further; if it's offically licensed, then there may reference material that could help.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!