Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Why are Tintin hardbacks more expensive in English than French ?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

thundercars
#21 · Posted: 31 Aug 2005 19:09
Harrock is right about the French softcovers. There are none and there never were.
France used the old style hardcover with linnen spine up to 1964, Les bijoux de la Castafiore being the last 'new' book in 1963. The next new book was Les oranges bleues in 1965 and was printed in the new style harcover with paper spine and title on it.

The Netherlands had softcovers from 1961 onwards.
The colour facsimiles are not available in softcover (and it should stay that way). The standard softcovers are available, of course (see my comments on The golden fleece reprint thread).
Richard
UK Correspondent
#22 · Posted: 18 Apr 2006 01:06
Harrock n roll
Nope, the old memory must be playing up. I looked for French paperbacks when I was in Brussels just recently. The result was a big "NIET".

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but just found this. Published by Deagostini in 1991, a French paperback edition of The Black Island. Seems to be fairly rare- we all agreed they didn't exist- so you certainly touch your marbles!
SingingGandalf
#23 · Posted: 18 Apr 2006 21:56
It must have been a limited print run, to see if it would work in paperback. Also, it might not be published in France, but another French speaking country. In France, hardly any comics appear in paperbacks, like I have never seen a French paperback of Asterix or Blake and Mortimer.

Moderator Note: Better to say might have been a limited print run...? It's also possible that this book was done as part of a promotion: paper-back volumes of BD have been made available in France/ Belgium as gifts made for token collections from petrol stations, for example.

The Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!