Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Jo, Zette & Jocko: "Valley of the Cobras" hardback edition?

2Orangy4Crows
#1 · Posted: 28 Sep 2005 19:22
Hi,

Over the past year or so I have rediscovered my childhood passion for Hergé and his creations, and have been restocking my Tintin library with English hardback editions.

Having now completed Tintin, I have turned my attention to Jo, Zette & Jocko. I have managed to get a copy of the Casterman hardback of The Secret Ray and I still have the hardbacks of Mr Pump's Legacy and Destination New York that I bought when I was a young chap in the 80s.
This just leaves Valley of the Cobras.
My old edition of that is a softback and no hardbeck version appears to be in print today. What I want to know is, before I start scouring eBay, was there ever a hardback English edition of Valley of the Cobras?

Thanks,

2O4C
Charles
#2 · Posted: 28 Sep 2005 22:46
Yes, there certainly was. I know, as I have one.
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 29 Sep 2005 10:43
I have a very battered version in HB as well. I don't think it is in print any more though

Rik
2Orangy4Crows
#4 · Posted: 30 Sep 2005 00:17
Thanks for the information. I was sure it was out of print but I wanted someone to confirm that it existed before I go searching for one. I suppose this book is as rare as hen's teeth but it's worth a bash. Would one of you be so good as to post the ISBN number?
george
#5 · Posted: 17 Oct 2005 20:34
I don't have a copy myself, but the British Library's website says the ISBN is: 0416650104

George
Charles
#6 · Posted: 9 Apr 2006 09:35
A source you might try for hardcover JZ&Js is a company from Toronto: CKR Books.
Try looking for them on Abebooks.com. Cyrus Rustamji is a very nice fellow, who frequently has exactly what I'm looking for.
A couple of years ago he had hardcover English copies of The Secret Ray.
RedVictory356
#7 · Posted: 31 Dec 2015 06:54
I'm in the same position as the original poster: I'd like to replace my old paperbacks of Cobras and the Stratoship books with more robust hardbacks (I already have The Secret Ray in hardback).
No doubt I can find copies second-hand, but it seems like the hardbacks are out of print.
I notice that Popol out West is getting a new translation from a US publisher, and we seem to be getting more Quick & Flupke in English too, so perhaps that will change.
Perhaps if they go ahead and publish Le ThermoZéro.

Does any one know whether an omnibus was ever published in English (I know there is a French intégrale edition) containing both Stratoship adventures, or those plus Cobras?
Moderator Note: As far as is known, no; The Secret Ray is the only J,Z&J omnibus in English to date.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!