Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Quick & Flupke: Series debuts in India, from Euro Books India

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Triskeliae
#11 · Posted: 26 May 2008 18:00
I'd love to start reading Quick & Flupke books, but I would love more to get Jo, Zette & Jocko.
Borschtisov
#12 · Posted: 26 May 2008 22:32
Indeed, if you haven't read the Jo, Zette, & Jocko books yet, you should probably read them before Q&F.
romeoarchie
#13 · Posted: 27 May 2008 15:14
Don't fall into that guy's trap, Borschtisov!
He's selling from India, same location as me, where it costs a mere 199 rs. per copy, direct from the publisher.
At the current conversion rate, that equates to roughly US $5 each... So the total could not be more than $55, opposed to his starting bid price of $99.

Amazing, how people want to earn money from someone's passion.
Triskeliae
#14 · Posted: 28 May 2008 21:11
Borschtisov wrote:
Indeed, if you haven't read the Jo, Zette, and Jocko books yet, you should probably read them before Q&F.

I followed your advice. I ordered 3 of them: The Will of Mr. Pump; The Valley of the Cobras and the one in New York.
As soon as I get (and read) them, I'll tell you what I think of them. Then, I'll order a few books of Quick & Flupke.
Rocky
#15 · Posted: 3 Mar 2017 20:45
Borschtisov:
And according to the seller the translators are none other than the original translators of Tintin: Leslie-Lonsdale Cooper and Michael Turner!

I just noticed this comment. The books do not have any translation credits printed in them.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!