Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Quick & Flupke: "Mini-albums"...?

jock123
#1 · Posted: 9 Feb 2017 13:34
I've posted this on our Twitter feed and our Facebook page, so apologies if you have seen this before... ;-)

I happen to have twelve small Quick & Flupke books, and would like to know if anyone can identify them and their origins?

They each measure 7 x 9 cm, containing one colour cartoon strip per volume, one frame per page, and are obviously a set, or a part thereof. They aren't numbered or marked, so there is no way of knowing if there should be more, or when or why they were issued. The inclusion of "Tintin.com" on the back puts then into the internet age, but that's about it.

They are extracted from the series of colour albums, but don't represent them all, and there are more from some than others; this may be because there are more issues than I don't have, or because they have had to use cartoons which will fit the format (I have noticed at least one case where some very slight adjustment has been made to accommodate the page, but you have to look very closely to see it), making the pool of candidates slightly limited.

The titles of the cartoon inside is given in a strip on the front; the flyleaf has the title of the volume from which it comes.

They are as follows:
Attachez vos ceintures
· Une faible femme
· Football
· Marine
· Quick apprend la boxe

Farces et attrapes
· Jardinage

Catastrophe
· Maraude

Vive le progrès
· Mise au point

Toutes voiles dehors
· Un coin pittoresque
· Savoir allumer un feu

Haute tension
· Baby sitting
· C'est pas moi
· Haute tension

My thought is that they have been a free gift with something, or a coupon collect or other premium in a commercial promotion, but nothing is certain - it seems unusual that whatever product or service was being promoted doesn't get an advert or mention anywhere if that is in fact what they are.

So does anyone else have these, or have knowledge of the full set, dates of issue, etc. etc.,?
george
#2 · Posted: 12 Feb 2017 13:59
Hi - it look like they are part of this series. Only a few years old, and issued by Casterman. Beyond that, I've no idea, but at least you know how many you've still to track down!
jock123
#3 · Posted: 13 Feb 2017 14:37
Ah! Thanks George! That's very helpful - I'll keep my eyes peeled for more! :-)
Even just knowing the term for them is "Mini-récits" is very useful.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!